Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:11:16 AM

Author Topic: material translation matrix  (Read 6118 times)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
material translation matrix
« on: December 30, 2012, 08:06:58 PM »
I saw an interesting feature today that some on here would love.  Surface translation matrix.

You probe the material surface then the controller translates the Gcode to FIT the surface profile.

Another feature was a fast 3d probing routine like a creepy crawler ,  fast.

Rigid tapping seems to be normal theses days  as spindle sync is becoming common in mill and Turn.

(;-) TP

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: material translation matrix
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 06:51:31 AM »
Surface translation matrix.

Can you post additional info on it. Have not done any probing yet but plan on trying it out in the future.

RICH

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 11:32:32 AM »
Hiya  Rich, Sorry but  they were not MACH3 functions (;-(   Everyone else has Jumped light years ahead in many ways.

(;-) TP

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 06:51:50 PM »
RICH which of these perks your interest most ?  I am working on a Wizard for 3d probing . But being macro based it is not a light speed rocket ship but may be a lot  better than the bed of nails routine we have in the current Wizards.

Heck I have so many Wizards in the selection I do not know what is a STOCK wizard anymore.

I was thinking of a new conversation wizard  but i want to wait until I see what the NFW has to offer. Mine would go a bit beyond what they offer.

(;-) TP

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 08:42:19 PM »
Terry,
I have not tried to do any probing in all this time even though i have a nice probe. I don't want to break it.......
Anything that would save me the time of creating the part in 3D would be nice. Dosen't need to be super fast.

RICH

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 09:32:45 PM »
Ah the sound of a Renishaw probe being crushed into the table. Nothing more horrifing other than the $800 bill to repair it. I have the Wizard probing but it needs more testing to make sure it is bullit proof. AND with macros I am not SURE it can be made that way.

I personelly do NOT run probes from a macro as from macros is where I have suffered ALL of the damage. From Straight Gcode it is rock solid. BUT you cannot do a decent 3d probing routine staright from GCODE. IF we had conditional Gcode it would be a piece of Cake, BUT we don't, we have what we have.

(;-) TP

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 05:57:55 AM »
My NEW dynamic probing routines are at alpha and so far are proving reliable. HOWEVER I've learned over more test runs than I care to count that Mach can STILL cause probe crunches OCCAISIONALLY under certain circumstances. Of course just ONE and it can be game over for that expensive probe.

So an idea came to mind of a "probe minder" that simply will not allow Mach to crunch a probe - any probe - any command - NOT just G31. Imagine being able to (mistakingly) RAPID or JOG your probe right into an object and have the "probe minder" prevent that crunch...

It's just a germ of an idea at the moment and whether I go ahead and work on it depends on there being sufficient interest - so... over to you guys - let me know what you think.

Cheers

Ian

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 06:23:18 AM »
Ian,
If you have the time and energy go for it.
RICH

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 07:17:09 AM »
The more probing options the better.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 01:14:35 PM »
Good Idea Ian, The option is to use a probe with a limit switch built in so that IF it overtravelled the limit would shut it down before damage occurs.

Might want to sell them a good probe as well (;-)

(;-) TP