Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:01:28 AM

Author Topic: Problem programming brain to external keys for "cycle star" and "Stop"  (Read 4103 times)

I'm programming a brain for two external keys do "cycle star" and "stop"
the brain is here if anyone wants to help me look for thanking!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Problem programming brain to external keys for "cycle star" and "Stop"
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 03:19:32 AM »
Easiest way for them is have your inputs set up as OEM triggers then go to Config menu then System HotKeys and enter the OEM code for Start(1000) and Stop (1003) in the respective OEM boxes. I would however suggest that you also have Feed Hold as pressing Stop whilst in motion will cause position loss.
Doing that means you dont need to use a Brain at all.
Oh just in case you dont know, the port number for the CSMIO is port 10 and pin numbers start at 0 rather than 1.
Hood
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 03:21:04 AM by Hood »
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 07:45:34 PM »
Thanks for the reply, but this brain working exactly like this!
Do not know why it was not working yesterday, but today I turned on the machine and it worked!
The machine was now working completely, the machine is "boko" with Indramat copier

Thanks,

naxus
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 07:50:43 PM »
"I would however suggest that you also have Feed Hold as pressing Stop whilst in motion will cause position loss."
suggest, that use "fhold" instead of "STOP"???

naxus

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 02:28:00 PM »
I was suggesting that you might want to consider also having a feedhold button on your panel. If you press Stop whilst any axis is in motion it will stop instantly without deceleration and it is almost certain that you will lose position.
 If you press Feed Hold first then once motion has stopped you can press Stop, that is assuming you wish to clear the buffer. If not wanting to clear the buffer then after the feedhold and you do whatever you want you could then press Start.
Hood