Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:14:17 PM

Author Topic: How do you Resume Cutting?  (Read 9316 times)

Re: How do you Resume Cutting?
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2012, 03:31:11 PM »
Ok say you hit feedhold then you have the machine move to tool change position.  How do you have it resume where you left off.  I would like to active thsi whole process with an input.  Input2=Feedhold then tool change position.  Then when cycle start activated the whole thing resumes where it left off.  Basically hit one button and it goes to tool change position, hit cycle start and it resumes right where you left off.  No messing around with the mouse or keyboard.  anybody done this?  Enjoy your holiday everyone.     

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2012, 04:19:05 PM »
NORmally when it is time for a tool change you are finished machining where you stopped. It is the programmer's job through Gcode to move to the next start position AFTER the toolchange and resume machining there.

Just a thought , (;-) TP
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2012, 06:15:57 PM »
Normally when it is time for a tool change you are finished machining where you stopped. It is the programmer's job through Gcode to move to the next start position AFTER the toolchange and resume machining there.

Just a thought , (;-) TP

Usually after a tool change you just hit cycle start and everything goes off on its own where it left off. 

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2012, 08:15:19 PM »
I have my M6 macro go to the toolchange position, and wait. When you push Cycle Start, it zeroes the new tool, and continues cutting. As fully automated as you can get without an ATC.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 08:20:04 PM by ger21 »
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2015, 02:56:38 AM »
if you wanna cut your resume you have to click on feedhold as i know as far as possible. i think it will work but don't know what percentage it will work as i just know it and tried and it is also dependable to the luck as i know. so please keep it up many times i hope it will work for you and you can get it helpful . i never did it but i know the basic of it , so please don't mind if it will not work. thanks
ketty editing com builds a modern idea in your life.