Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:51:15 AM

Author Topic: Thinking of a new wrapper function for MAch3.  (Read 28678 times)

Re: Thinking of a new wrapper function for MAch3.
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2012, 08:09:06 AM »
Great work Grandpa TP
and thanks for posting your results Tweakie

It might be a good idea to also post what Mach3 version any project was developed with and any version it was tested with. History has proven things pop up to cause issues with some versions.

Happy Holidays.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2012, 08:43:46 AM »
It might be a good idea to also post what Mach3 version any project was developed with and any version it was tested with. History has proven things pop up to cause issues with some versions.

I was using Mach Version R3.043.066 with a kernel speed of 25kHz for the tests.

Tweakie.

( Is TP really a Granddad now ??  ;D )
PEACE
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2012, 10:04:35 AM »
Terry,
Thanks so much for this development.  Absolutely fantastic and brilliant.  Now I have get get my little custom rotary engraver back up running.

My Best,
John Champlain
www.picengrave.com

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2012, 12:04:07 PM »
TP is a Grandpa X 6

SO now what do we call this THING, hopefully something snappy.

OK NOW what do I do for something to do?  I was thinking about dragging out the old Cruise control for Mill to slow DOWN the FRO when the spindle speeds drops below a set point ans see IF it could be made better.  OR?

DOes anyone know of any BIG BOY toys that the NEW CNC VMC's can do that we need?

(;-)TP
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 12:20:15 PM by BR549 »

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2012, 03:19:03 PM »
OK BIG GLITCH in creating a proper Mcode that is GOOF proof.  The param1() (also 2&3) values do NOT return to NIL after use AND I cannot find a way to clear them before closing the macro.

This prevents ANY conditional ERROR checking on the values as they are ALWAYS the same as the last use EVEN thought you never called this time ?????

Does anyone know of a way to clear the Param1() Param2() Param3() values back to NIL or even 0 ?

Bummer , I can still make it work for me BUT that precludes and error checking and disaster recovery pretty much goes out the window except by doing it manually. NOT for the masses I am afraid.

OH well , That is usually the way it goes, CLOSE but NO CIGAR. AT least we have the Wizard.

(;-) TP

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2012, 04:33:52 PM »
OK It seems ONLY the Param3() is broken. I can make it limp along like a 3 legged dog with PQ and have at least some error checking

M107 P## Q##

P set up the diameter of the material
Q sets the function mode of the Mcode
     1    = Turn OFF the M107 and return to standard mach3
     99  = Setup the M107 Mcode , Config
     911 = Emergency Restore the system to ORIGINAL Standard

OOPS TIME is UP, BACK to Sewing with the Granddaughter (;-)

(;-) TP

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2012, 04:46:56 PM »
Terry,
Keep sewing and get good at it ....have a bunch of pants that need to be hemmed!

Glad Tweakie had time to play with the wizard as my time to play has been and continues to be a big zero for some time now.

What can you do to the wizard allowing wrapping on a say a tapered piece, or convex / concave?

RICH

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2012, 06:40:10 PM »
Been sewing since I was 6. Mark or measure the inseam and send them on down.

The first BLUEPRINTS I learned to read were patterns (;-) sitting with mom while she made cloths.

Around this house EVERYBODY learns to Use Acad and Sew and COOK (;-) You got your laundry to do when you turned 10.

WELL the wizard only converts Mach3 to do cylindrical machining on a cylinder mounted in the fourth using XYZ axis Gcode. If you can CAM what you want laying it out in 2.5d or 3d cam then it should cut it. 

My main purpose for working it out is so we can do Plasma cutting on PIPE/Tubing WITHOUT having to have a 4th axis CAM to work it out then fight with A axis feedrates with plasma where the A would have to HAUL THE MAIL which most don't. You cannot just SLOW down the feedrate with plasma when you want to the machine HAS to be able to maintain Feedrate to maintain the arc height.

With the M107 the feedrate is controlled as a normal XY function so there is NO radius correction needed.

(;-) TP

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2012, 06:12:02 AM »
Terry,
I was just wondering how far the wizard could be developed. I already use 3d CAD and CAM.
Thanks for your efforts,
RICH

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2012, 04:49:59 AM »
A BIG "Thank You" to OzzieII for the original idea and BR549 for all the work he has done on this screen / wizard.

I had to move around some of the components to avoid conflict with my global screen items but this has now been added as a page to my standard Mach3 screen 1024.set

This method is so quick and easy to use, with existing tool-path files, it is just amazing and once again, thank you TP.

Tweakie.
PEACE