Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 12:48:43 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 Motor Tuning Problem  (Read 16492 times)

Mach3 Motor Tuning Problem
« on: December 14, 2012, 08:57:27 PM »
  ??? Good evening all. I'm having a problem with the Motor Tuning screen that has me a bit baffled. My system has been up and running for a while now, and is still working fine with Mach 3. My problem is that I've decided to tweek the motor tuning a bit, and the motor tuning screen won't come up. I can click on the menu item, and I can see the Mach3.exe process in the window task manager bump up in it's cpu usage, but the motor tuning screen doesn't start up. Anyone ever have this happen, and what might be the problem? I suppose I will end up uninstalling and reinstalling the program, but before I do, I thought I'd ask on here.

Thanks, Steve

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 Motor Tuning Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 06:52:50 AM »
Rename the plugin folder to something like oldPlugins and  see if it then works. You can then create a new folder called Plugins and replace the plugins 1 by one until you find the culprit. Of course if you dont use any plugins just delete them from the folder instead of renaming.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 04:04:39 PM »
Thanks Hood. I gave it a try, but still no go. I'll do a little more investigating before reinstalling. It'd be nice to know what is going on just in case it happens again (either to me or someone else). It was a little strange, evidently Mach3 wants the Plugins folder, but doesn't care if anything is in it. I got tons of errors with the folder renamed, but no complaints with an empty folder.
Steve

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 04:33:02 PM »
Yes sorry should have told you to do the blank plugin folder after renaming the original.
Dont know what else to suggest as that is the only thing I remember for that problem.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 07:56:29 PM »
This, from a search :

"If you change the name of the installation folder, Motor tuning Screen will not open.."
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 08:03:17 PM »
It's entirely possible I moved the installation folder. I don't remember doing it, but that doesn't mean it couldn't have happened. Been lots of computer work going on getting this up and running. I finally ended up just reloading the computer's operating system. As soon as all the updating has run it's course, I'll reinstall Mach3. The computer was running a bit slow anyway, so it was time to be redone.
Thanks for everyones help, Steve
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 02:18:16 PM »
The problem is that the NTGRAPH.OCX file that the motor tuning window uses is a registered ocx file.  If you rename or move the installation, then Windows can't find it.  You can manually reregister it by clicking the Windows start button, then Run and enter:
regsvr32 {full install path}\ntgraph.ocx
For example for a standard install it would be
regsvr32 c:\mach3\ntgraph.ocx

Eric