Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 11:23:33 PM

Author Topic: Xbox controller problems  (Read 3001 times)

Xbox controller problems
« on: December 13, 2012, 09:57:07 PM »
newbie in need of help. trying to install a wired xbox 360 controller and can't get any movement in Mach3. I can get the pc to recognize the controller. I have what I think all the correct drivers installed. Now I notice I get an error message when starting Mach3, something about a corrupt file, no license, mach4. I have the xbox plugin checked, I need to check to make sure all the others not need are not checked, I think the joystick is still active. I did notice the box for controller says none. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Zaae

•  120 120
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox controller problems
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 06:51:39 PM »
I seem to remember when I set mine up, I had to search for a Microsoft branded xbox controller for it to work. Also, the controller must be on player1 to work. Could one of these maybe be the problem? Not so sure about the license file, I keep several backups of mach3 on hand for when I mess things up.

I also posted a while back about my xbox controller setup, in case any of it helps you:
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,15314.msg102578.html#msg102578

Offline Zaae

•  120 120
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 07:17:16 PM »
Oh, also, don't forget that in the Config Plugins menu, you can click on the word CONFIG in yellow, to enter the setup for the controller. That's something I didn't realize right away looking at that menu.
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 07:28:08 AM »
my problems are very similar to the other post you listed. I need to figure out if mine is a knock off controller or the real deal. I remember reading a post about checking the vendor and product id in windows but not sure if I will know what the numbers mean. Thanks for the help.
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 09:43:53 AM »
I'm using a knockoff I got off ebay new.  Its working fine so dont give up yet.

John
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 12:14:18 PM »
Finally, up and running. Works excellelnt, this is a great add onwould recommend it as an additon for  anyone. I just hope they can figure out all the little glitchs easier than I did.

Offline Zaae

•  120 120
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2012, 12:20:37 PM »
Glad you got it going, I can't imagine operating my machine without some sort of remote, if it would even be possible at all.