Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:23:50 AM

Author Topic: Mach 3 R3.043.066 and Windows 7 problems.  (Read 25409 times)

Offline TCF

•  1 1
    • View Profile
Mach 3 R3.043.066 and Windows 7 problems.
« on: December 13, 2012, 06:14:22 AM »
Hello,

I got a new PC - Dell OptiPlex GX620 - and it runs Windows 7 32 bit. Before I've used a old PC with windows XP 32 bit and Mach 3 was running beautiful.
Now, on this DELL with Windows 7, things are not so good. My CNC is running but my feed rate is to high so I get a lot of noises. I think that I have to do some changes on Mach3 running on Windows 7 to have a smooth working of my CNC.
So please can you give me some details to make my CNC to run smoothly.
Thank you all.

andrewm

Re: Mach 3 R3.043.066 and Windows 7 problems.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 08:27:37 AM »
Running in Windows7 is essentially the same as XP, you can use the XP optimization guide to improve the pulse stream. One thing that you should do that is not covered is set Mach to run as admin by right clicking on the desktop icon>properties>compatibility>run as admin checked.

Hope that helps.
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 11:12:55 PM »
My machine ran and still runs perfectly on XP.  When install Mach 3 on new machine running 32 bit Win 7 and using the XP config file then when I jog one axis the other two axes also move!!!!

I am not running in admin mode and problem remaims if I run in standared or XP compatability mode.

Any ides for I am stumped!

Paul Hinson
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 12:28:45 PM »
Windows 7 is killing me.  My machine has been down for months, as I cant find a reliable set up under Win 7, 32 bit with A COUPLE of USB controllers.  None work correctly.  The PC motherboard dies about the same time they stopped supporting XBm so I bought 500 bucks worth of new computer, put a legal copy ov Win 1, 32 bit on it, and life sucks.

I have set it all up to run as admin. Ive turned off everything under Windows I dont need. Its in XP compatibility mode, SP2.

I CAN get my Chinese JCUT 6090 to move X,Y and Z okay (slowly), but pulse timing is a mess, and the spindle TURNS ON AND OFF WITHOUT COMMANDS TO DO SO.  I can observe the PWM output on my controller board going high on my oscilloscope. Its not entirely random, its trying to respond to keyboard input, but obviously the USB port is being tampered with by the OS.

This is obviously dangerous and unacceptable.  I REALLY needs some help here.

Anyone know the magic words to make this mess work safely?
Why dont the good folks at Newfangled answer emails about Windows 7?
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 12:29:32 PM »
Sorry

XBm was supposed to say XP
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 08:47:41 PM »
I am also having problems getting mach 3 to run on windows 7. It would run fine on XP, but after I upgraded to a Dell optiplex and now the motors on all three axis will stutter. When the table moves i hear a bump at random intervals. It appears that the motor loses power and this causes the program to think the table has moved farther than is has.

I can hook up the old computer and everything and i do not have this problem. I have imported the mach3mill.xml from the old computer and set up the mill from scratch, so I do not believe it is a setting.  I have also tried run as administrator and compatibility mode with no change.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2014, 02:26:51 PM »
Hey, I'm happy to report the problem is fixed...

I found a guy who sells computers.  Old ones.  I had him build a machine straight out of 2003.  IDE drives, Lots of memory, and a SEPARATE video card.

Mind you, I dont mean I disabled some on-board video system and installed a peripheral video card.  I mean this mother board had no video whatsoever.  The kind of video card appears to be irrelevant, so long as it isn't supplied on the motherboard.  I can only assume this has something to do with the way PC hardware interrupts work...  Every one of the 5 PC's I tried first had integrated video.  The users Guide says it wont work, but who reads instructions?

The motors can run faster now than I've ever seen.  Apparently the PC that died on me wasn't that great of a machine in the first place.  The USB stepper controller is a bit better than the J-CUT one (I'm now using as a spacer under an unsteady shop table).
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2014, 02:29:08 PM »
Oh, and its running XP SP2.
Windows 7 simply wouldn't work.  I'm a patient man. i gave it a YEAR.  

Running in Admin? - JOKE.
Setting to SP2 Compatibility mode?  - HAR HAR
Trying every other fix suggested here?  -  A mockery of my every hope.

I finally gave up and went back to XP, which is still out there, hiding in the bushes.  Its awesome.
The good news is I bough that computer for 100 bucks.    I recommend doing the same, since that all that worked for me.

I DO appreciate the suggestions and trys at helping.   Good ole' Art needs to do something to make this less of an issue.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 02:38:40 PM by garym1957 »

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2014, 04:28:03 AM »
Oh, and its running XP SP2.
Windows 7 simply wouldn't work.  I'm a patient man. i gave it a YEAR. 

Running in Admin? - JOKE.
Setting to SP2 Compatibility mode?  - HAR HAR
Trying every other fix suggested here?  -  A mockery of my every hope.

I finally gave up and went back to XP, which is still out there, hiding in the bushes.  Its awesome.
The good news is I bough that computer for 100 bucks.    I recommend doing the same, since that all that worked for me.

I DO appreciate the suggestions and trys at helping.   Good ole' Art needs to do something to make this less of an issue.

I agree with you on this - I fiddled for long enough to make me return to XP SP2.  ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 01:48:27 PM »
There are plenty of XP computers available on Ebay or Craigslist cheap some less than $50. XP is probably the best OS ever built and now it's history. However, ArtSoft is out of touch with the customer's needs and get a workable Mach 3 - Windows 7 product. Until the issues with Mach 4 are resolved, which doesn't appear to be happening anytime in the near future, I don't see a huge migration away from Mach 3.

I would try 0.062 and see if that works any better. V0.066 has allot of issues and should be avoided.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 01:52:52 PM by geh7552 »