Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:28:10 PM

Author Topic: laser software  (Read 2641 times)

laser software
« on: December 11, 2012, 04:54:01 AM »
what I can use with mach3
I need engraving image and text  cut out plate same work And of course easy use and visual :)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: laser software
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 06:13:14 AM »
Something like Vectric VCarvePro would take care of all your cutting and text engraving requirements.

It depends on what type of images you want to laser produce but the Mach3 Impact / Laser plugin works well for me.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 11:12:00 AM »
someting like that....

photo and text and cutting off

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 12:18:02 PM »
What is the material you will be using ??

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 01:20:13 PM »
plastic plywood wood acryl cardboard ruber... wood

but this work must use engraving plastic

I use co2 laser

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 02:03:38 AM »
As far a photographic images are concerned different materials will almost certainly require different techniques in order to achieve the best results.

For example to reproduce a photographic image on wood it could be processed as an 8 bit image producing (in theory) 256 shades of grey. It may take a bit of practice to get it just right but the results can be truly stunning.
Plastic, on the other hand, will not accept shades of grey so photographic images are usually pre-processed into a 1 bit image using a ‘Dot Dithering’ (or similar) technique to produce the illusion of shades. Again it is a technique that requires some practice.

You will need to collect a number of different softwares in order to explore these various techniques so there is not really a simple answer to your first question.

May I suggest that you browse through this thread. http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,12444.80.html
It has become far too long to read everything so just scan trough, looking at the pictures and when you see something similar to what you want to produce, read the post which should explain how it was done and what software was used.

Tweakie.
PEACE