Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:54:32 AM

Author Topic: Install help for mach3  (Read 3903 times)

Install help for mach3
« on: December 09, 2012, 02:01:08 PM »
I bought a used cnc router from a private party.  I saw the machine in operation and know it works.  I purchased a Mach3 program and lic. and thought it would be a plug and play deal.  Boy was I wrong.  I have installed the software and got it to run in the computer.  I just can not get the computer to talk to the router.  In the dig. scrn, the ports do not light up and I can access the motor tuning.  Any help would be appreciated.

Bob 
Re: Install help for mach3
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 02:45:22 PM »
did you get an xml file from the seller, if not ask him for it.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 05:30:24 PM »
What was the original owner using for the controlling program. If Mach ,then as angel said just get the xml file.
If not then you need to describe you machine so folks in here can give you some directions.
It is not plug and play. At least have a look at the Manual.
RICH
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 05:40:29 PM »
He was using Mach3.  I took his file and replaced the file that came with the new install.  After starting it up again it changed the config screens in the ports and pins.  But it just doen't want to talk to the router.  The machine is a Vortech 24 by 36.  I have no more info on the machine than that.  I am in the central valley of Calif.  I would love to find someone I could chat with about this.

Thanks for your responce,  Bob

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 05:56:19 PM »
Chances are it just needs the Port address set correctly. That would be the only thing that could change between PCs that makes it not talk.

Just a thought, (;-) TP
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 06:07:48 PM »
The port address is 378 in mach3 software config file.  Checking device manager for that port is 378.  Is there something else I could check?

Bob

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 04:59:06 AM »
Run the driver test.
RICH
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 07:09:38 PM »
OK It has been another long day.  I got in contact with the manufature of the machine and explained my problem. I told him that I purchased a new computer and new software and installed mls  files from the  comtuter that was running the router.  He told me that the new computer was the problem.  he said he could preload Mach3 on a computer and sell it to me.  I asked for a guarantee that it would fix the problem and he would not give me one.  Went back to the computer and played with the LPT ports.  I have got a noise from the router that sounds like it is hooking up.  I open Mack3 and the screen goes black and reboots.  Then it says windows has a cridical error opens windows.  As soon as I try to open Mack3 the screen goes black again.  The time has come to realize that this is beyond me.  The machine is going on Craigslist tonight.  Thanks for your responces

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 06:00:36 AM »
Could be that the PP is 3.3 volt and not 5 volt. You can buy a cheap dual voltage card and usualy set the output via a switch on the card. Won't pursue this as your selling the machine. Wish you well.
RICH 
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2012, 11:41:27 PM »
I don't know how to create a new post.  Where is the button?  Does anyone have a manual for a Vortech cnc 206?

Thanks Bob