Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 09:51:14 AM

Author Topic: Problem Linking Brain to Macro  (Read 4715 times)

Problem Linking Brain to Macro
« on: December 08, 2012, 01:05:49 AM »
Hi Guys:

I've been puzzling over this problem for a few days now and think I'm missing something very basic.

Like others in this forum, I'm trying to have a brain trigger a macro.  I've read all the posts I can find and I understand the following steps are required:
a) Define a macro to run in the Init string which uses SetTriggerMacro to set which macro will be the default.  (In my case, M1000 in the init string causes M900 to be set)
b) Define a macro do do what I want when it is called (in my case, M900.m1s works when tested other than by brain activation)
c) Create a brain which waits until a defined input goes active then uses the terminator 1034 "Execute Button Script".  I tested the brain and it goes active when expected and appears to work with other outputs, just not the Execute Button Script output.

So my problem appears to be the linkage between the Execute Button Script terminator in the brain and actually calling the macro M900.m1s

I've tried all the tests I can think of and nothing seems to help.  Is there a way to look and see that M900 actually did get linked to OEMCODE 301 or whatever the brain activates?

Any help would be most appreciated... if I had any hair left I'd have pulled it out over this one!

Brian

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Problem Linking Brain to Macro
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 01:54:09 AM »
Brian,

Make sure, that the macros you have made are in the same profile/vb folder that your running.

Scott
fun times
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 02:15:02 AM »
Yeah, that was a problem originally, but I did move them to the right folder.  Still no joy.
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 07:02:57 PM »
Still puzzled about this problem.  Anyone got any other thoughts?
Merry Christmas
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 07:16:27 PM »
I just did the same set-up recently and it works like a charm.
Double check the syntax.
Brain in the proper folder/Mach location and enabled.
I have a habit of Mach loaded in several directories and it's easy to get them screwed up at times.
DOuble check everything, it should work....nicely.
Wish I could help more,
Russ

Offline MEA

•  5 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 12:55:36 PM »
Hi Russ,

Which version of Mach do you use?
Daniel
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 04:05:35 PM »