Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:45:01 AM

Author Topic: How can I copy & send my XML file w/o also sending my license code?  (Read 2767 times)

A member on another forum has purchased the same CNC router, controller, & design/toolpath software I have. He's also using Mach3, but I don't know if he's purchased a licnese for it or not.  He's requested that I send him my system profile XML file to make his setup easy. I'm good with that, but I don't want to send him the XML profile with my Mach3 License code in it.

How do I remove my license code from the XML file? Can I just open the file in a text editor and remove the line of code with the license number?

Thanks,
Chris

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: How can I copy & send my XML file w/o also sending my license code?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 11:55:28 AM »
The license code is not in the .xml file. The license is a separate file.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 12:10:09 PM »
There is actually a line about 20 - 25 lines down from the top of the XML file that has what I believe to be my Mach3 serial number. I can just ignore that it's there and send the file? I just want to make sure I don't violate my license.

Thanks,
chris

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 12:28:52 PM »
No worries Chris, as Gerry has said your .xml file does not contain any license information (other than the last user name or serial number) so it is perfectly safe to send.

The license team are wise to the many scams that have been used to falsely try and obtain licenses.  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 12:32:31 PM »
Thanks!  Just making sure I don't give something away.

Chris