Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:20:59 PM

Author Topic: How to install on "Un-Connected" Computer  (Read 7531 times)

How to install on "Un-Connected" Computer
« on: December 06, 2012, 07:30:04 AM »
Hey folks,
   I need to get this, from the CS Labs website:      http://www.cs-lab.eu/en/artykul-21-CSMIOIPS_Download.html 

You need to download Microsoft.net for proper work of Mach3 plugin. Attention! During installation your computer must be connected to the Internet. dotnetdownload Microsoft NetFramework 3.5

onto an un-connnected PC. Actually, there is a small .exe that I can save then xfer but then there is 60 MB "while connected" that would take over 7 hours and will not work due to a very slow connection. I need to get it all at the Library, then xfer it to my machine and sim PC's.

Is there a way ?

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 07:34:18 AM by Overloaded »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: How to install on "Un-Connected" Computer
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 06:23:03 PM »
Russ you should be able to download the exe from here
http://download.microsoft.com/download/6/0/f/60fc5854-3cb8-4892-b6db-bd4f42510f28/dotnetfx35.exe
You should then be able to transfer it via a stick and install it.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 07:33:20 PM »
Thank you Hood, I'll try that. wow .. almost 200 MB !

The link from CS Lab might have ended w/a save to  prompt, never could get that far here.
Will try over the weekend.

Keep us updated on your experiences w/the CS Lab stuff.
Anxious to see a "Second Impression" post from all users.

You could have invented these ... it's what you've always said you wanted.

Thanks again,
Russ

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 03:42:26 AM »
Russ, yes, they are exactly what I have been wanting for a few years, its almost as if there had been a scan of my thoughts and wishes ;D In reality though I think its just that they have  looked at  what has been proven to be best in Industry and seen that no one else had the vision to produce a product like that for Mach.

Not had much time to do any more to the wee lathe, I need to get something set for tooling as the quick  change toolpost I have only has one holder so its not really a viable option. Thinking along the lines of gang tooling at the moment but would like to make  a wee turret at some point.

Hood

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 06:34:12 AM »
I guess your the ginny pig Hood. Had a quick look at the manual for the 4 axis controller and thought about giving
myself a Christmas present, so will be following the threads on it. Same here for making a  wee turret as that would allow full use of the Dolphin software output for using multiple tooling.

Maybe time to do stuff will be available this year.
RICH

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 07:04:09 AM »
Rich, not sure if you are meaning for a lathe but if so then check to see if threading is available on the M controller. I know it is planned but dont think its available yet.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 08:37:22 AM »
OK, have an "M" on the way.
Also have new Automation Direct 1KW motor and drive.
These should play well together w/minimum hardware.
Nice clean diff. to diff.
Hopes are high.
Any updates /experiences from current users ?
ANY would be welcomed.
(guess I owe Hood a bit)
Thanks,
Russ

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 02:15:31 PM »
That is the nice thing about the CS-Lab controllers, they have really thought about integration with the more industrial end drives etc. I have a funny feeling there will be a lot more people offering devices with these specs in the near future ;D

I am hoping to get the A version ordered shortly, just waiting on a few answers from Andrew so I know what I will need, no point in paying for shipping twice ;D

Hood
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 06:44:04 PM »
Agree with the shipping ! Whew !
Pretty steep to the US but then again, I can't go pick it up for that.

I wonder how much of the price difference of the M and the bigger ones is just related to the clock.
Or, maybe it's just a marketing tool ?
The M would be the Bees Knees if it had the speed of the others, or even 1 Mh. A shame to buy 6 axes for a lathe.
CS might just become the new norm.
Sure do look promising.
Anxious to get it.
BTW.... These Auto Direct drives have a "Max. Input Pulse Frequency Max. 500kPPS (Line driver); Max. 200kPPS (Open collector)"
Don't have the Rockwell docs with me, do you recall what the max is for the DDM ? or DSD? I don't recall ever seeing that spec.
Russ

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 07:57:13 PM »
Step Dir input for  DSD is, if I recall,  2.5MHz think the DDM is lower, maybe half that, will look.
Hood

Edit
 yes 2.5MHz for Step/Dir on the DSD, DDM is 1MHz.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 07:59:52 PM by Hood »