Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:12:59 PM

Author Topic: Question- How to set x,y,z directions on table  (Read 2515 times)

Question- How to set x,y,z directions on table
« on: December 05, 2012, 01:27:55 AM »
I have a question pertaining to setting the motor direction relative to the table. The +x moves left and -x moves right. +Y moves toward me and -Y moves away. The coordinates appear the be reversed. How can I correct this or control the motor direction? There must be a way to reverse motor direction.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Question- How to set x,y,z directions on table
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 01:56:06 AM »
If you go into Config / Ports & Pins / Motor Outputs just change the 'Dir Low Active' state for the Axis in question. That will reverse the motor direction and resolve the issue.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 02:54:14 AM »
It depends on what type of machine you have but if its a mill with a moving table and you are talking about actual table direction  then what you have is correct. If it is a gantry style machine then it will be wrong. What you have to think of is the tool in relation to the work rather than the movement of the table.
Hood
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 11:18:56 PM »
Thanks, I actually figured this out. Now I am noticing another strange phenomenon which I am sure has to do with another setting. This pertains to the "Z" axis height during head movement ( this is a gantry CNC) between cuts.

The cut depth is correct but the travel height of the cutter is reversed. It is actually cutting into the stock when it should be traveling over the stock. In other words the clearance for z is flipped 180 but the cut depth is correct.........This is weird......

What option do I reverse for this?

Thanks again...........

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 06:53:54 PM »
Sounds like a code issue.
Hood