Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:18:00 AM

Author Topic: deactivate an output while the program is running? (better plasma holes)  (Read 2725 times)

There is possible to deactivate an output while the program is running?

I have a plasma cnc table, and for small holes I made a G-code for extend the OVERBURN, but Mach3 turn OFF the plasma exactly when the torch is stop moving this cause a internal bump, is for that I want to deactivate te OUTPUT1 (signal for plasma) 1 second before the torch stop, while the program is still running.

Any suggestion? maybe a macro o something like that?

NOTE: The yellow part shows the OVERBURN in a hole:

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: deactivate an output while the program is running? (better plasma holes)
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 06:21:28 PM »
IF you use an arc  leadin and a very short arc leadout you get what you are asking for automatically. It will trim the tail of the leadin as the leadout pulls out BUT as a very short leadout it shuts off the torch before it blows out crossing the kerf gap.

IF you use a overburn path you will be trying to cut in an OPEN kerf gap.

(;-) TP

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 07:35:39 PM »
Thanks for reply in fact, I use that method you say right now, but I want to try the overburn method I mentioned, because actually I have internal bump in small holes

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 08:00:03 PM »
The problem with overburn is you have to be able to control the plasma as it crosses the kerf gap. The only thing you can do with mach3 is turn OFF the THC control as you approach the end of circle/beginning of overburn move AND with mach3 there is a dwell in motion if you try that.

Now you can always turn OFF the thc as you "begin" the circle as that dwell would not effect the cut quality as you cross the kerf gap, MAYBE.

ANother option would be to program a dwell at the end of the cycle (no leadout) and let the arc finish the cut.

Brian and TOM at CandCNC worked on a solution to eliminate the dwell, can't say for sure how it worked out. but I think they fixed it.

(;-) TP

« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 08:03:32 PM by BR549 »
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 08:24:11 PM »
Thanks again