Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:57:33 AM

Author Topic: What buttons on your control?  (Read 8885 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: What buttons on your control?
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 04:40:38 AM »
It is CS-Lab in Poland that make the controllers, they have a few different versions but all have 24v I/O and 0-10v analogue I/O. I have the CSMIO/IP-S on the wee lathe and will be using the CSMIO/IP-A on the Chiron. Heres a link to their site.
http://www.cs-lab.eu/en/index.php

Hood
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012, 07:17:41 AM »
so looking at that i assume that would be something you would use instead of a smooth stepper.?

is it pretty much a smooth steeper and bob all in one?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012, 07:38:57 AM »
Yes, its kind of like a SS on steroids ;D
The CSMIO/IP-S has differential Step/Dir and can pulse to 4MHz like the SS, it also has 24v I/O and the analogue I/O. With the analogue you can use the inputs for your overrides and the outputs can directly control a VFD via 0-10v signals, so no need for a separate spindle controller.

The CSMIO/IP-A is similar except instead of Step/Dir outputs it is analogue for controlling servo amplifiers that only accept analogue control input.

The CSMI/IP-M is sort of the baby brother of the S, it has less I/O and only 4 Axis and only 125KHz pulsing but it still has the analogue I/O for overrides and spindle speed.
Hood
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 11:37:26 AM »
John,

I'd be happy to post the modified firmware if you want to go that route.

Regards,
Ray L.
Ray, I want you to be happy!  So sure, go ahead and post the modified firmware.  You are convincing that that is the route to go!

Thanks!...I'll surely appreciate seeing and attempting to emulate your work.

John
p.s. I have the Nemicon MPG, the estop switch, and the two 6 position switches and parts i'm sure i have in my stash.  The case? Well, I'd start by making a crude one and refine if I follow through with this. 

My pendant source code is below.  This is for PIC18, though could be easily ported to pretty much any MCU.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline Bloy

•  158 158
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 12:45:38 PM »
Heh Ray,
I think I'm gonna need quite a bit of "other" parts(and knowledge).  The closest I've been to programming was to flash the chip on the schumatech DRO350.   So I think your pendant is over my head.  :-[  BUT!
From viewing your posts throughout the forums, it is apparent that you are a fine teacher.  Maybe someday you would put together a "step by step" tutorial on the making/modifying of your pendant?

For now, I'm thinking it would be better to just negotiate with SWMBO for a ready made unit.   ;D

Thanks,
John
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 12:56:05 PM by Bloy »
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2012, 01:13:01 PM »
Heh Ray,
I think I'm gonna need quite a bit of "other" parts(and knowledge).  The closest I've been to programming was to flash the chip on the schumatech DRO350.   So I think your pendant is over my head.  :-[  BUT!
From viewing your posts throughout the forums, it is apparent that you are a fine teacher.  Maybe someday you would put together a "step by step" tutorial on the making/modifying of your pendant?

For now, I'm thinking it would be better to just negotiate with SWMBO for a ready made unit.   ;D

Thanks,
John

Well....  I'm afraid that wouldn't really be enough.  It would take considerable programming to make it work with Mach, as there has to be a "driver" on the PC side to receive the RS232 messages, and perform the actions.  I do this with a KFlop, and that driver is DSP code running on the KFlop itself.  For Mach3, a VB macropump would have to be written.  It's not rocket science, but certainly beyond the capabilities of someone pretty good at programming.

However, Vista does have their own Mach3 drivers for all of their pendants.  They don't implement quite as much functionality as mine, but they're still pretty darned good for the money.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2012, 04:45:09 PM »
Yes, its kind of like a SS on steroids ;D
The CSMIO/IP-S has differential Step/Dir and can pulse to 4MHz like the SS, it also has 24v I/O and the analogue I/O. With the analogue you can use the inputs for your overrides and the outputs can directly control a VFD via 0-10v signals, so no need for a separate spindle controller.

The CSMIO/IP-A is similar except instead of Step/Dir outputs it is analogue for controlling servo amplifiers that only accept analogue control input.

The CSMI/IP-M is sort of the baby brother of the S, it has less I/O and only 4 Axis and only 125KHz pulsing but it still has the analogue I/O for overrides and spindle speed.
Hood

intresting.  i plan to retrofit my lathe so maybe this is a better option than the s/steeper/bob/dc-03 etc.  alot neater solution bay far. 

have you found it a good little unit? easy to program etc?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2012, 05:04:59 PM »
The threading is not perfect yet and that is the one thing I hope will be fixed up, it doesnt pull out instantly at the end of the thread so it cuts an annular groove. Not a problem on some threads but it is on a lot I do. Other than that it seems extremely nice, for a mill I have no hesitation. If the threading gets sorted I can see the big lathe getting one fitted.
As for the plugin, it is the nicest and easiest I have seen, then again not looked at any of the others (except ESS/SS) recently, so possibly they have improved.

Hood
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2012, 12:24:06 PM »
Thanks for the input. So far it looks like I'm going with Start/Run, Hold, Single step, Mach reset, VFD reset, E STOP, Main power, PC power, Coolant HOA, Spindle HOA. Can an output be set to mimic the on screen "reset button" condition, eg. flashing, steady on, off? If so how?
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2012, 01:10:18 PM »
Thanks for the input. So far it looks like I'm going with Start/Run, Hold, Single step, Mach reset, VFD reset, E STOP, Main power, PC power, Coolant HOA, Spindle HOA. Can an output be set to mimic the on screen "reset button" condition, eg. flashing, steady on, off? If so how?

That can be done using a macropump to toggle the output controlling the light.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.