Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 11:27:21 AM

Author Topic: Edgecam 2013R1 and Mach3  (Read 7834 times)

Offline viz

•  17 17
    • View Profile
Edgecam 2013R1 and Mach3
« on: November 25, 2012, 10:09:56 AM »
Hello, i have started to use edgecam and Mach3, but can't get it working.
I writed in edgecam .nc file and loaded it into Mach3, and always getting error.
Attached print screen.

In mach3 i have set IJ mode to Absolute.
With sheetcam mach3 works.

What are the problems ? It is problem in edgecam, o in mach3 ? And how to solve it ?

Thanks
Re: Edgecam 2013R1 and Mach3
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 10:51:56 AM »
You will have to edit the post processor file that creates the nc file, Status line tells you what mach3 is looking for ("L1"  I assume because it is calling tool T00). But it might just be easier to remove the G10 P1 from the post Also on line three you will see another G10 L2 Calling a fixture offset.

Lower in the same file you will see a G54P1 to use a fixture offset. (A post should be a text file somewhere in the EdgeCam folder) No doubt you will have several issues to resolve in that post to get Mach3 to accept. It is a process of something else to learn, lol

The other option is to try some different post processor files in EdgeCam till ya find one that works. Fanuc post is always a good start.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 10:54:15 AM by Ya-Nvr-No »

Offline viz

•  17 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 11:12:08 AM »
Ok i will try, just don't understand how to write myself post processor :)

So nobody here is using edgecam and mach3 ? :) Maybe somebody have good working post processor for edgecam to work with mach3
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 12:10:40 PM »
You probably have one you just need to jump in and start testing.

Advise; before you make any changes to a post you should of course make a backup. It will be trial and error till the light bulb starts to flicker. Then it will become easier. Start with small changes and see how it affects the nc file it creates. It is not that hard it is just some common elements that EdgeCam needs to see before it can spit out a file. Don't be scared but be vigilant. Before long you'll be the EdgeCam expert.

And your not writing a post just editing the one you chose in your EdgeCam setup, so you will have to know what file to edit.

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 05:50:11 PM »
Ok i will try, just don't understand how to write myself post processor :)

So nobody here is using edgecam and mach3 ? :) Maybe somebody have good working post processor for edgecam to work with mach3

Forgive me but won't the company (EdgeCam) themselves help you with a proper post processor for your particular machine?

That should be part of the purchase you made from them as they should want you to get up and running with no issues.

Here is a link to their customer support portal: http://customers.verosoftware.com/Public/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2f

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)