Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:50:04 AM

Author Topic: When an input is activated Unwanted output changes  (Read 3724 times)

When an input is activated Unwanted output changes
« on: November 23, 2012, 12:43:39 AM »
I am using Mach3 v2.63  software.
When an input is activated Unwanted output changes.
Please Help me.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: When an input is activated Unwanted output changes
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 02:57:07 AM »
attach your xml and say what input and output are affected.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 04:47:13 AM »
Thank you for the answer.
I've attached the XML file.
When each of  input and limit switch is activated, Each output may change.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 05:08:43 AM »
You are using a pirate licence, that may have some bearing on your issues.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 05:41:23 AM »
Hey Hood,

Got a question for you.  As you are aware, I am the guy that built the CnC Quilter.  Well, I am trying to attach a thread break detector to the machine that will turn off the action of the machine when the thread breaks.  The detector is in essence a solid state relay that is set as NC, that has a 15 to 30 volt output when the thread breaks.  due to the voltage involved, what in your mind would be the best way to connect this?  I was thinking that on the output side of the SSR, connect the ground to the ground of the Rockcliff board, then to pin 15 of the board, then set the output of output15 of Mach3 to pin15.  This I don't have a problem with.  What I am concerned with is the voltage being output.  Will the output voltage be a problem, or should I drop it down to 5 volts with a resistor?  Also, another issue is this:  I am trying to use Mach3 to measure the length of the quilt on the table.  What I find is that the output of the DROs is not compatible with inch measurements.  I view the problems as one of scale.  Each pattern that I put on the system appears to have a different scale that is necessary to make the output of proper size.  The system operates with a belt drive to pull the carriage with the sewing machine along the length of the table (x-axis), which I would like to be able to use to measure the length of each quilt, from the home position to the right edge of the quilt or at least to the stopping point of the pattern, to get an idea of the number of repeats that would be necessary to sew in order to fill each row without a pattern being broken in half.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Larry

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 06:35:46 PM »
Your asking the wrong guy about electronics I am afraid ;D

Not sure what you are meaning about the DROs not compatible with inch, surely if things are working correctly then the DROs should be correct?
Hood

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 07:21:15 PM »
IF 1 inch on the DRO does not equal 1 inch of travel then your axis settings for steps per are wrong.

(;-) TP

Offline mc

•  382 382
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 02:35:54 PM »
I'll answer the electronics bit.

What voltage does yoru BOB accept, and do the inputs pull any current?
Limiting the voltage to 5V is easily acheived using a resistor and zener diode, however you need to know how much current the input on the BOB requires to function. It could range from neglible to needing included in the resistor/zener size calculations.