Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:51:18 AM

Author Topic: CNC 6040 Setup..  (Read 4815 times)

CNC 6040 Setup..
« on: November 22, 2012, 07:28:23 AM »
First off let me start off by wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Now on to my issues. I just bought myself a CNC 6040 machine from China. The unit looks great, but I'm having some issues setting it up due to really insufficient documentation provided with it.

I received 3 paper print outs with the settings for outputs, inputs, motors, and Estop. The issue is when I use his settings my table doesn't move. I have no axis motors turning and Mach 3 doesn't reflect the DRO's moving on screen at all. I then turned to Google and researched if anyone had a manual for this machine and tried the settings in it well when I did Mach 3 told me I had two tripped limit switches. I don't have any on my machine as of yet so I know it's most likely my lack of knowledge of the Mach 3 setup. I watched the youtube videos on Mach 3 for setting it up, but still haven't been able to make her come alive. I'm hoping someone on here can help me.

I can use the supplied VFD to adjust the spindle RPM, and she spins fine.
I also noticed something with the control box I have never seen before the main switch on the front to turn the unit on doesn't shut the box down when it's in the off position. The on/off switch stays lit in either position, and the digital readout on the front stays lit with readout until I kill the master switch on my surge protector.

I don't know if this is the apropriate forum to place my need for assistance, but forgive my ignorance as I'm new to this site.

I really apreciate any help anyone can offer me. Thank you in advance.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: CNC 6040 Setup..
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 07:31:56 AM »
What support is available from China or the supplier if I may ask.
RICH
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 09:46:06 AM »
I'm still waiting to hear back from him/her.

I figure someone on hear most likely has the same machine according to posts I have read. I just haven't found any with similar issues with solutions to apply to what mine is doing.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 01:22:46 PM »
If you dont have limits then make sure you do not have them enabled in Mach, they are found on Ports and Pins, Inputs page which you get to from the Config menu.
Hood