Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:50:20 AM

Author Topic: When I click Feed Hold, then move Z, then Cycle Start - does not resume properly  (Read 4841 times)

Here's my issue.

If I'm machining a part, then click on Feed Hold, then move the Z up manually - say to clear the bit or change the bit (not touching X or Y) - then click on Cycle Start I expect the machine to move back to the appropriate Z height, then carry on. Instead, it moves the X AND Y AND Z axis' and carries on. Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks,
Rich

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
IF you are going to move any axis after Feedhold you need to

Feedhold , until motion stops.

Stop

Do what every you need to do

Run From Here , the line you stopped on

CYcle Start  ,  Resume cutting

(;-) TP
OK, that's what I'm seeing, and your suggestion works, but the Mach3 manual (Version 1.84) says:

Section 6.2.7.2 FeedHold
The Feedhold button will stop the execution of the part program as quickly as possible but
in a controlled way so it can be restarted by Cycle Start. The spindle and coolant will
remain on but can be stopped manually if required.
When in FeedHold you can jog the axes, replace a broken tool etc. If you have stopped the
spindle or coolant then you will generally want to turn them on before continuing. Mach3
will however, remember the axis positions at the time of the FeedHold and return to them
before continuing the part program

Which is quite confusing, and NOT what Mach3 is doing.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
There have been WORLDS of changes to MACH3 since that manual was written(;-)

(;-) TP

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
What Version are you running? 

(;-) TP

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
The latest Dev ver is working ok .067.

press Feedhold wait until it stops motion

DO what ever you need to do .

Press cycle start and it pop up the return reference box with details on how it will return to the restart point. THEN move to the restart point and YOU press cycle start again to continue.

(;-) TP
YES! That was it. I was running an older version - 3.043.022. Upgrading to 3.043.066 fixed that issue as described! Thanks everyone!
Rich