Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 08:57:13 AM

Author Topic: Z Axis Home Switch - Odd Behaviour  (Read 3216 times)

Z Axis Home Switch - Odd Behaviour
« on: November 20, 2012, 10:13:27 PM »
My Z axis home switch is now performing rather oddly  ???   Grrrrrr.

When I "Ref All" the Z carriage retreats to the Home Switch and is recognised by Mach3 but it doesn't back off the switch position i.e. the yellow Motor 3 home LED remains lit on the Diagnostics tab.  The Y and Z axes sequence as expected and each of these back of their switch positions i.e. in turn the yellow LEDs light up then go out.

Why doesn't my Z axis back off?

Absolutley no changes made to the router. 

Ay suggestions appreciated.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 10:16:14 PM by brw0513 »

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Z Axis Home Switch - Odd Behaviour
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 12:32:01 AM »
Looks to me you have switches that are not detented switches and are experiencing contact bounce when the switch goes to reclose.

IF you get contact bounce even for a millisec MACH will stop as it should and the switch remakes and shows the led as on. BUT the home cycle was completed at the first sign of the switch remaking on the bounce.

That explains WHY mach3 continues ON with the X and Y routine and completes the cycle.

OR that lime peel on your head is causing you to see things ????  I normal use a hat made of tin foil and a copper grnd strap dragging on the ground. It kills off all the static.

(;-) TP

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 01:49:37 AM »
Thanks for the reply, but I should have mentioned the home switches are photo interrupters i.e. non-contacting.

If I get all my domestic chores out the way early tonight, I might sneek out to the man cave to do some more investigation.

That's actually my cat wearing the lime peel helmet.  Every time something goes wrong with my router, I look to kick something.  That cat sure got smart quickly  :D

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 01:54:37 AM »
Paint the interupter flat black .

(;-) TP
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 06:20:31 AM »
Well.......I seem to have solved the problem.  Painting the blanking plate might have helped to a large degree.  But the problem was still there to a small degree.  The orientation of the switch sees the opening facing straight up toward my double batten fluorescent light.  I think the fluoro might have been triggering the collector.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 12:27:27 PM »
Not unless you are running IR tubes(;-). If you think back you have been here many times before only to com back and say NOPE it still does it. You have serious wiring problems that you need to get to the buttom of.

(;-) TP