Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 06:56:40 AM

Author Topic: PoKeys 55 and Mach plugin issue  (Read 7221 times)

PoKeys 55 and Mach plugin issue
« on: November 20, 2012, 08:51:55 PM »
Having some difficulty using the plugin.

I updated Mach to the latest lockdown release, and downloaded the latest versions of the PoKeys SW and the plugin. I can install and enable the plugin, but when I try to configure it, I get  "An invalid argument was encountered" pop up. I can close that enter what I want into configuration, but it doesn't seem to save to the PoKeys. The unit does work if I disable the plugin and use it as a keyboard emulator only.

Also, when making changes in the PoKey sw, the sw freezes when I save the changes to the device. The changes do save and operate correctly though.

Any idea whats going on?

Thanks,

Kevin

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
Re: PoKeys 55 and Mach plugin issue
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 12:28:39 AM »
What is the PoKeys55 serial number?
Try to clear settings in the device in PoKeys SW by connecting to the device and clicking Device -> Clear settings in device.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 12:37:57 AM »
Serial # is 12512

Clear device was successful...but still got the error message.

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 01:35:34 AM »
Which OS?
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 01:51:02 AM »
XP. Updated everything today. .Net framework 3.5 and all that.

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 01:58:39 AM »
Is there a PoKeys Mach3 plugin configuration file present in C:\Documents and settings\{your username}\Local Settings\Application Data folder? If it is, please delete it and try to start Mach3 again.
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 02:19:12 AM »
Couldn't find that folder specifically....but I deleted the config file that was in my documents. I still get the error message every time i click on something in the plugin config menu, but it did save the settings and work. After reopening the config menu, the active inputs still show as active, but the buttons they are mapped to don't show up anymore. Still works though. Is there a way to use the PoKeys to trigger a VB button, or execute some VB code?

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2012, 02:39:36 AM »
First, check that you have .NET 2.0 also installed.

Then can you please explain in more details, when does the error come up (on which of the following steps)?
1. You open Mach3 plugins config
2. You click on 'Configure' button for PoKeys pluigin
3. A device selection window appears
4. You can add a new device and restart Mach3
5. You open again the plugins config, click on the device and 'Configure'
6. A configuration screen opens.

Also, please send a screenshot of Mach3 and error when it happens. (you can send it to matevz@poscope.com).
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 02:44:37 PM »
Step 5- The error comes up, I close it, it pops up again, close it again, and then I can configure my PoKeys. The configuration seems to stick now. Also, in configuration, if I go from one screen, say the MPG tab, back to the mapping tab, it pops up again.

Pic attached, but I will also email it to you.
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2012, 04:47:26 PM »
Also, I have .Net 2.0 and 3.0 SP2, and 3.5 SP1 installed.