Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:02:00 AM

Author Topic: 4 axis Job Display problem  (Read 8001 times)

Re: 4 axis Job Display problem
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2012, 12:51:09 PM »
Can't get mach3 loaded on this computer. Dell laptop with a windows 7 64 bit os. Says it can't find the enable40.dll. How do I make this happen? Or can I make this happen? I've searched the forum.
Thanks
i_r_

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2012, 03:18:27 PM »
Had another look to make doubly sure, the R is backwards.
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2012, 05:08:02 PM »
Difficult to determine your problem without being there.  But I think you have at least two settings wrong.  I do some circular engraving on ring faces that I have cut.  Attached (apologize if the screen shots don't help) are three different versions of a ring with a skull, crossed- guns, and the script "Bad Company," I engraved.  The two critical settings are to Enable the A Axis (in ports and pins) and the correct diameter set in the "Settings" key.

The 1 Inch version shows the ring correctly.  The od of the ring was 2 inches.   The "A"  Rotation Diameter in the Settings screen was set to 1.00

The 2 inch version skews the ring slightly and makes the X Axis appear smaller.  No changes were made to the code, but the "A" Rotation diameter in the Settings screen was set to 2. 

The 5 inch version skews the ring completely with the X Axis shrinking greatly.  No changes were made to the code, but the "A" Rotation diameter in the Settings screen was set to 5.

The fourth pic was made without the A Axis (in Ports and Pins) being enabled.  A totally wasted version.

I maintain two profiles in the Mach3 Loader.  1 is set for 3 Axis only.  The other is set for 4 Axis.  This saves me the trouble of remember what I have to set each time I switch from one project to the other.

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2012, 07:19:22 PM »

The 1 Inch version shows the ring correctly.  The od of the ring was 2 inches.   The "A"  Rotation Diameter in the Settings screen was set to 1.00

If the DROs on the settings page are labelled "Rotation Diameter" then you are using an old Mach version.   

There was substantial problems with Feedrate Compensation and display of 4th axis toolpaths.  These were addressed three years ago. 

See this entry from the changelog;

Dec 23/2009
Release 3.042.033
-- Fix for - scale and IJK arc commands
-- Spindle speed register expanded for computers over 3GHz (they where reading - speed)
-- Rotational feed correction fixed for moves with Z axis !=0
-- Rotational Dia feed changed to Radius rather then Dia

If this is the case I recommend updating Mach.    The fixes will be good for your 4th axis work if nothing else.
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2012, 11:24:34 PM »
Just pulled mach up.  Says this is version 3.043.066.  Checked Settings and it still shows Rotation Diameters

Bob

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2012, 03:13:18 AM »
You may have a custom named screenset and thus the changes made to the standard Mach screenset are not used on the one you have loaded.
Hood
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2012, 05:20:56 PM »
Thanks.  Did not realize that my screenset was not up-to-date.  Fortunately, the old screenset did not appear to affect anything I had cut before.  Have made the changes to both my office and shop Mach3.

Bob@BobsShop
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2012, 06:34:50 PM »
If I download a new version of mach3, am I going to have to go back and set all the parameters back up?
thanks
i_r_

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2012, 07:03:02 PM »
No you wont lose them, or shouldnt unless something goes wrong in the install. Your settings are stored in a file with the name of your profile and a xml file extension so make a copy of that and save it in a safe location. If anything should go wrong you just have to copy that file back. Likewise if your computer ever dies and you have a copy of that xml its just a case of placing it in the Mach folder on your new computer and all your settings will be transferred.
Hood