Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:34:50 AM

Author Topic: Killed my spindle  (Read 2784 times)

Killed my spindle
« on: November 19, 2012, 08:54:30 AM »
Hello, i have killed my spindle today.
I am doing a cnc-job on my mill, then i pressed space to stop the machine because my wife is calling for eating, and when i will go on, i first pressed goto reference postiion, and then start.
What happens, the z-axis goess down, and then x- and y- is going to its position. But with z-axis down, the spindle has a collision with the clamping claws. The milling cutter is broken and the spindle gets curved.
What can i do that this happens never again?
Is it possile  that first x- and y-axis goes to position and last z-axis goes down?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Killed my spindle
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 01:48:32 PM »
If starting from a posiition other than the start of code it is best to use the Run From Here (assuming you have a licence for Mach)
If you have a safe Z set up and do the RFH it will give you a prep move box to OK and when you do that Z will move to your safe position then X and Y will move then finally Z will lower.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 12:35:03 PM »
When this happenend, i have not activated secure z, this was my error. I got the checkbox with the coordinates, and all3 axis are running simultan.
No i have made this with secure x and hope it will not happens again. This time it was "only" my proxon for 80 Euro, but i will not think if it happens with my Elte spindle.

But what does not work is, to start from here...
What is my error. For example i will restart a programm, which is partially finished, say run from line 800.
How can i select this line 800 and start from there?
I can not select this line, or i make an error.
I have a full licence from cnc-winckler.
Thanks
Eberhard

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 01:19:49 PM »
To do a RFH you can either enter the line number in the line number DRO or you can click in the G Code window and scroll to the line you want. Mach always starts from the line previous to the one you choose.
Ok so once you have your line selected you press RFH button, Mach runs through the code and then tells you to press Cycle Start. When you do that you get the prep move box, if you press OK then Mach will move to the position specified in that box, once there you will get a message saying to press Start again and thats all there is to it.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 01:32:27 PM »
ok thanks, this works  :)