Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:41:02 AM

Author Topic: OEM Mach3 machine suppliers  (Read 2474 times)

Offline at6c

•  14 14
    • View Profile
OEM Mach3 machine suppliers
« on: November 15, 2012, 03:33:39 PM »
Friend of my is looking for CNC mill for his business.  After seeing mine in action he would like to purchase a 3 axis Bridgeport sized machine ready for use.  He would like a new machine with all new drives/computer etc.  Does any one have supplier recommendations.
Regards,
George

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: OEM Mach3 machine suppliers
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 03:17:03 AM »
Only one I know of that is sort of close to what you are asking is Industry Controls. Its not really Mach but rather the Industrial Version of Mach and although very similar at the moment will likely diverge as time goes on. http://www.majesticmachinery.com/Machines/Knee_Mills/docs/RM_IC.pdf
Hood

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 10:16:58 AM »
The problem with MOST knee mill conversions is the very limited amount of Z travel. In this case you are limited to about 4 inches of Z.

(;-) TP
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 10:38:45 AM »
my mill is knee driven, has about 15" of z travel, the spindle can be used free for tapping.  it was built by cnc automation inc of amherst nh and they still make them.  it is driven by their own cnc control software not mach3.  mine worked well for 10 years, but have had issues with replacing old computer parts for the last 3 or 4 years, its running fine now with the help of a friend more legacy computer savvy than i.  im sure they use newer computers now.  never any issues driving the knee.  their control software works fine, tho i wish i could switch to mach3 myself.  but the "motion control" board in there is unlabeled, a mystery to me, and they dont provide any help with this older machine, they want me to upgrade to the newer control.  i guess i would say if you chose to deal with them, their support was great for the 1st 5-6 years, then i was invisible to them.  if you were willing to help him with just the mach3 and pc part, this might be a good start: http://www.cncmasters.com/index.php?page=cnc-supra-vertical-knee-mill.  it is however, z spindle driven not knee driven.  mine is based on the 10 x 54 acra and it has held up well for me.