Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 01:55:18 PM

Author Topic: OEM Triggers and LED on custom screenset for ATC  (Read 10828 times)

OEM Triggers and LED on custom screenset for ATC
« on: November 11, 2012, 08:04:16 PM »
Hi Guys,

I am setting up a new cnc router and am giving a pick and place style auto tool changer a go for the first time!
I have setup all the hardware, mapped the ports and pins, seeing the expected active leds on the bob but for the life of me can’t work out how to make the OEM trigger LED on my custom Mach3 screen to work.

This is the list of the I/0 lines I think I will need:
Tool sensor
Air Pressure Insufficiency
Brush up in position signal
X Home Point
A Home Point
Y Home Point
Z axis Home Point
Servo Error
Emergency Stop
Over travel - limit & tool sensor
Release the tool by hand
Release tool signal
Hold tool signal
Zero-speed signal
Spindle thermal overload

(I have also attached a spread sheet showing more details of the above as well as my mxl and modded screenset files)
I can’t seem to find the OEM Trig in the Function drop down box or any OEM codes in the OEM code spread sheets.

I feel that I have missed a step or that the oem triggers are to be used differently. I have tested the hardware connections by mapping the io lines to other functions and they seem to work as limit triggers.

Could someone spare some time to point me in the right direction?

Re: OEM Triggers and LED on custom screenset for ATC
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 08:13:15 PM »
mxl attached
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 08:14:13 PM »
IO list attached
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 08:16:33 PM »
Screen set attached.

You may need to reload when you start mach3 as I had to change the name a few times as I could not upload with the original name sorry.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 08:52:32 PM »
IF you want an LED to light up when say input#1 is active then you have to use the correct LED.

Lets say you have a switch in the garden to let you KNOW that a jackrabbit stole a carrot. You would need to run an input to MACH3 lets say input#1 on port1 pin10.  TO have a led that lights up when Inputs#1 goes active you have to use the LED for input#1 active.  That LED number is 821.

So now you have the Led(821) Placed on the screen and next to it you label Jack Rabbit stole carrot.  NOW when  the switch goes active it signals MACh3 through input#1 and LIGHTS UP the LED(821) on the screen.

NOW you know that a Wascally jackWabbit stole another carrot. OR that your tool skirt it UP.

(;-) TP
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 09:39:43 PM »
IF you want an LED to light up when say input#1 is active then you have to use the correct LED.

Lets say you have a switch in the garden to let you KNOW that a jackrabbit stole a carrot. You would need to run an input to MACH3 lets say input#1 on port1 pin10.  TO have a led that lights up when Inputs#1 goes active you have to use the LED for input#1 active.  That LED number is 821.

So now you have the Led(821) Placed on the screen and next to it you label Jack Rabbit stole carrot.  NOW when  the switch goes active it signals MACh3 through input#1 and LIGHTS UP the LED(821) on the screen.

NOW you know that a Wascally jackWabbit stole another carrot. OR that your tool skirt it UP.

(;-) TP

Thanks for the reply TP. I have worked that out but then hit the issue that mach3 only has input 1-4 that i can find led codes for. I want to use more inputs than that so was going to use the oem triggers. After some more searching it seems that maybe the oem triggers are not the right way to go.

If they are what is the OEM trigger #2-9 codes as i can not find them
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 09:47:06 PM by jestah »
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 10:32:39 PM »
THANKS!!!!

I did have a hunt but it seems sometimes its harder to find what you need when you dont know exacltly what your looking for  :-\

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2012, 10:47:21 PM »
When you have inputs and no function led then you must create your own with UserLeds. Then you map the signal state to activate or deactive the LED .

PopparBears(SCott)  Plugin is VERY help to create links from signals to things inside MAch3 without going through a macropump or brains.

(;-) TP