Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 04:55:26 AM

Author Topic: G Code Skipping  (Read 6479 times)

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
Re: G Code Skipping
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2012, 03:31:22 PM »
I looked at it though I am no help in that department, i was just curious. i am guessing you are running mm and the parts are pretty small? I was seeing feedrates F140 and F50. If in inches, that would be fast on any machine i run but they are hobby conversions. I did just run it in Mach as a simulation. I was wrong, you are in inches arent you? It is funny, I wonder with a lot of experience, do people reading GCode see the part as it will be made without the drawing? I am guessing so but I am so far from that point it isnt a concern for me.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2012, 08:36:05 AM »
What is your max velocity and accel?
Air cut the piece and see if it skips, if it does, then keep reducing  your feedrate 20% until it doesn't skip.
As you decrease the feedrate you at a higher torque value and if not skippiing then I think something in your axis is the problem.

RICH

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2012, 09:18:32 AM »
ODDS are it is a acceleration problem and that particular combo sets it off.He has already reduced feedrate. Just as a thought does ANY other of your cut files do this ?  The first thing you normally do is reconfig the AXIS's to 1/2 the acceleration and 1/2 the vel and try again

IF cutting the acceleration/vel in half does not do it THEN try reloading MACh3 from scratch AND use an original XML.  NOT one of the backup xmls.

Just a thought,(;-) TP