Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:29:11 AM

Author Topic: laser setings  (Read 6808 times)

laser setings
« on: November 15, 2012, 02:28:17 AM »
hi I want ask  how I can make settings for laser ?

Yes I can make lazy cam code for dxf mode  plasma and run and cut ok

But I want make z axle convert fire for laser beam like that then z go negative beam its start burn and if it go deep give more voltage and more power and z go 0.00 or positive beam end

Or how I get digital trigger work ?

my board tb6550 blue 4 axle

and I use relay for beam control   output 1 pin 2  work ok in lazy cam in plasma mode

do I get z axes data in pin and make transitor circuit swiths run beam ?
but I make vector cut artcam pcb  code and I run in mach work very good milling virtual  works ok

but not work start code and beam not response z control  beam start if I code run and end then code end but not lift up z axle control

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: laser setings
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 06:02:06 AM »
Probably the easiest way to 'software control' laser output power settings is by using the Mach3 PWM signal (0 to 100%) controlled by the spindle speed S**** commands within your GCode.
This method does, however, have it’s limitations and by experimentation it has been found that a ‘stand-alone’ PWM generator controlled by Step and Direction signals and configured as a forth axis can work a whole lot better.

In addition you would also require a simple circuit to convert the 0 to 100% PWM to 0 to 5 Volts (or whatever voltage you require for your laser PSU).

What 'type' and what 'output power' laser are you using ??

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 09:37:50 AM »
laser is k-40 co2 40w Orginally.... long long time go  :D

voltage you mean what I use control psu in the board ?
 post prosesor if i use m3 and m5 command work ok turn on and off like plasma cutter mode its work ok

but if make code for milling mahcine turn on and off command not work but data for z axle how I  convetter  spindle command that
or Do I must make post prosessor ? then z go negative turn on beam and z go exsample +00.01 turn off ?

and how work digital trigger what code that need

I am out of control :D

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 10:29:13 AM »
I not sure that I fully understand your questions so I do not know if this is of any help or not.

The Z axis direction pin toggles Hi (+5Volts, or thereabouts) when the Z axis is moved in one direction and stays at that level until the Z axis is moved in the opposite direction when it returns to Low (0 Volts, or thereabouts) and stays at this level until the Z axis is moved in the opposite direction again. This signal can be used to turn the laser on / off but it does not, on it’s own, allow for variable laser power control, just on / off.

The digital trigger is probably not the best way to proceed but it can be turned on and off within Cypress Enable with the commands ActivateSignal(OUTPUT0) / DeActivateSignal(OUTPUT0) as it is essentially OUTPUT#0 and is the Digitize Output.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 06:24:04 PM »
if I don't want use m3 code

what then else way make laser beam control ?

now I use pin 2 control laser beam and output#1 this works wery well if run vector cut like plasma cut ok

but not raster picture engrave
but if I want cut raster picture how I make setup

may can be possible My relay it too slow???
that is why this setup does not work
but if I make circuit transistor switch connect 3 wire

1 cut data

2 laser ground

3 laser drive voltage

but if I solder direct 2 pin wire (db25) and that´s connect  transitor and swicts on laser beam ?
and connect  transtor switch on wire 2 and 3 and this make laser beam this correct setting

If I use a digital trigger what should I do to make this works
stage by stage

of course set  digital trigger on and use and inputs set what that use pin example now pin 2 in my setup

but what else...

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 01:45:11 AM »
Using a relay is not practical because of the associated delay.

If you work your way through this thread (may take some time) you will see most of the available options for laser control including using the M10P1 / M11P1 commands for vector work as well as using the Mach3 Impact / Laser plugin for raster work http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,12444.0.html

Hope this helps.

Tweakie.

PEACE
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 12:13:45 PM »
Okey

what it is M10P1 / M11P1 Macro or simple command ? turn on /off like  m3 /m5

or can I rename m3 /m5 command and its works ?

I found your homepage and read that... gode ok

but how i get use
or can I rename m3 /m5 command and its works ?

I found your homepage and read
http://www.cooperman.talktalk.net/files/27_files/Page652.htm

but how use that step for step

or can that call example z axles gode turns on and off command

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 01:55:17 AM »
You need to use Mach version R3.043.056 or later for the commands to work correctly.

Yes, you can replace the M3 with M11P1 and the M5 with M10P1 within your GCode. These commands switch output #1 so that has to be set (Config / Ports & Pins / Output Signals) to the LPT output pin that connects to your laser trigger.

Tweakie.
PEACE