Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 04:16:42 PM

Author Topic: Has anyone here used screw mapping?  (Read 2544 times)

Has anyone here used screw mapping?
« on: November 05, 2012, 03:08:54 PM »
Has anyone here used the screw mapping function and provide some feedback? I've searched but came up with very little info on this feature.

I believe I have some error in my rack and tried to use the screw mapping function in mach 3. I bought a 35" DRO to measure the actual movement and mapped my X axis. Once mapped I tried to run a program and it resulted in missed steps and the X axis double backing on itself in a straight line move along the X axis. So I then turned off the screw mapping and ran the same program and everything ran fine.

The screw length defaulted to 1300 (I'm unsure what unit of measure this is I tried entering my screw length in an inches value first being that's what I use defaulted in mach 3 and then I also used a value in mm) I can't figure out how to save the screw length. I've tried multiple times and it always defaults back to 1300. Does mach 3 pull this value from somewhere else? If so where and can I change that?

The second problem I believe is self induced where I entered the wrong value and saved it as a data point but then I corrected it with the correct one after that. (hey entering 200 points your bound to make a mistake) It was easy to see if I entered it wrong usually because I was an inch off of the correct measurement and the screw map went sideways, once i entered the correct number the map leveled out.
Re: Has anyone here used screw mapping?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 07:09:53 PM »
I have gotten screw mapping to work but had to come up with a few work-arounds for bugs I found. It is my understanding that there are no plans to fix these bugs  :(

For details, see http://rick.sparber.org/ma.htm#13 for two articles on screw mapping.

Rick