Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:28:34 PM

Author Topic: Mill set-up problems.  (Read 1749 times)

Mill set-up problems.
« on: November 02, 2012, 11:18:43 AM »
Hello,

I work for Conduit Projects in Boston, here we have been using mach3 for years to control a big router and recently we picked up The Little Machineshop's mini-mill and converted it to a CNC with the idea of using mach3, however we're encountering a few problems.

Currently, the licenced copy of Mach3 is just stopping half way through our test parts, sort of inexplicably. Also, the visualizer seems to not be representing the z coordinates, squishing them down in to the x and y plane. My boss is more of the expert on this than I am, but whatever information you need I can ask him and he can give it to you best he can. 

All the motors and control box are functional, we're running a xylotec 4 axis controller, nema-23 motors on a solidstate computer that has 2gb of ram and an intel atom d2700 quad core processor. I'm sure its just some strange or silly setting we're missing.

Thanks!
Tom

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Mill set-up problems.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 12:32:56 PM »
Currently, the licenced copy of Mach3 is just stopping half way through our test parts, sort of inexplicably.

Hi Tom,

If you are only being allowed to run up to 500 lines of code then it may be to do with your license. Perhaps check with Scott at license@machsupport.com to verify that it is valid.

I am not sure exactly what you mean about the visualizer squishing the Z coordinates.  ???

Tweakie.
PEACE