Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:01:45 AM

Author Topic: Numberpad function problem  (Read 5727 times)

Numberpad function problem
« on: November 01, 2012, 06:58:33 PM »
Hello,

I want to use numberpad() function with my touch screen. However it always returns the value in the edit field even if "Cancel" has been pressed. How can I define the result of this dialog window (OK or Cancel)?
The close button of the numpad window does not work, the window cannot be moved and resized as it was stated in the manual.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Numberpad function problem
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 10:26:47 PM »
HI ANton,   The numberpad IS expandable you just can't do it WHILE it is active. While you have the window open click back onto the mach3 screen to make it active THEN adjust your numberpad window size.

AS to the Cancel you are correct it should return a <nill> to signal the script that the NumPad was cancelled and to cancel the script function.

I reported that to Brian.

(;-) TP
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 05:38:42 PM »
Hello BR549,

Thank you for your reply. Please explain what do you mean by clicking back mach3. The numberpad is a dialog window and always has focus of Mach 3 until the dialog is closed, so mach3 cannot be active while numperpad window is opened.

Anton.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 06:32:02 PM »
WHen the NumPad() window is active move over and touch/click the mach3 window it should return focus to mach3. It does here. Then adjust the window with the grabbers and drag it to size. Then touch/click the window of the NumPad to give it Focus.

(;-) TP
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 12:47:47 AM »
Doesn't work. The dialog window does not lose the focus.
So resizing and close button do not work.
However your approach works if you click outside Mach3 to set focus to another application. In that case you can resize and close.

So if I want to control Numberpad window I have to click another application and after that I can close or resize dialog.
I think it is strange and untypical behavior for dialog windows.

Can you correct this behavior to be the conventional.

Thank you

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 09:11:54 AM »
I don't have a thing to do with fixing it. I just use it from time to time.

(;-) TP

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 09:01:56 AM »
Still works here. You do not have to go outside mach3 to adjust .

(;-) TP
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 11:17:49 PM »
AS to the Cancel you are correct it should return a <nill> to signal the script that the NumPad was cancelled and to cancel the script function.

I reported that to Brian.

Has anything come of this?  I am finishing up a project using VB and the NumberPad and realized this bug with the Cancel button returning 0.  Is there any way this can be fixed / changed / worked around / distinguished?