Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 05:04:33 AM

Author Topic: safety door interlock brain  (Read 9015 times)

safety door interlock brain
« on: October 31, 2012, 02:31:01 PM »
good day all

would anyone have an example of a door interlock brain... my machine can be run either as manual or CNC. i would like to be able to run the lathe with the door open for manual operation then only closed for CNC operation. i'm using a 24VDC coil operated interlock.
I've been trying to develop a brain (with no success) to do this. i think i need one that sees the input is met (key in interlock) then output opens/closes when "cycle start" is engaged. i don't know enough about brains to figure this out just yet or if that's even how it needs to happen. ???

thanks for any suggestions
Mac
Re: safety door interlock brain
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 12:35:13 PM »
thought i'd let you know...

it's better to have a macro run this instead of a brain

have a good one folks  ;D

Mac

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 04:36:13 PM »
I was going to ask IF you just needed an interlock so IF the door was open it would not run Gcode. (That is a MACH3 function) OR did you need it to LOCK and UNLOCK the door physically.

Brains take up little of MACH3 time slice.  You could have 100 brains running and not use as much time as 1 macro running in CB. 

Yes Brains can be cantankerous to make work somtimes as the logic is not always logical. (;-)

Just a thought, (;-)

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 08:35:46 AM »
yes, i need to have the solenoid physically lock the door shut.
The brains thing is a little hard to understand but, i can make the 1 and 2 liners work.
Ends up i used the "Cycle Start" macro and added the input# and output# for the interlock and the "M1030" macro with output# to release the solenoid at end of program.
this was the direction MachMotion sent me... i need to do a little more tweaking but it works very well

thanks BR

have a good day

Mac