Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:40:49 PM

Author Topic: Screen Designer Quirks?  (Read 6571 times)

Screen Designer Quirks?
« on: November 27, 2006, 02:13:03 PM »
Hi Guys

I've taken the plunge and started playing with Realdraw Pro and Screen 4 to make a new set of screen for turn  :o

Anyhow a couple of things. Firstly, I have a button in the jpg in the centre, this is surrounded by a transparent PNG. When you click the blank image button the outer border of the button changes colour via the png. I notice that if you put an 'empty' image button over the JPG it is totally transparent. Similalry the first state of the PNG is also transparent, but when you click the button, the bit of the png covered by the image button remains in the first state. Is there any way around this or do I have to live with a smaller button inside the frame?

Secondly I have setup the above button for the spindle. When I click it the first time the border goes green, second click back to orange, third click remains orange, fourth click to green, fifth click to orange etc.  Why do I always need to click twice in the orange state? I am using M3 to turn on the spindle and OEMcode 11 for the LED.

Cheers

Dave

ynneb

Re: Screen Designer Quirks?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 08:28:05 PM »
Dave, I know your pain. :(

There are heaps of annoyances with Screen 4.

My strategy is to have one big picture containing all the buttons, and then put invisible buttons over them in screen 4.
This seems to be the most reliable method of building a screen.
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 03:27:05 AM »
Hi Benny

By the way I love the videos you made - surely these should be on the main site - they are so useful!

Anyhow, at the moment I am using a single large picture with all the buttons. The idea I'm working to is to try and make the screens to flow naturally - text takes too long to read so I am working towards using different colours for different classes of buttons. So for example I have an orange button for the spindle.Therefore you know that orange buttons affect the output. So you know whether the ouput is on or off I add a border as an LED so the outer rim changes colour.

Any thought on why this strange clicking action?

Cheers

Dave

Offline Scott

•  139 139
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 07:35:17 PM »
I've noticed that image buttons have the bad habit of staying "pressed" looking.  It's as if they don't refresh because if you minimize the screen or open another such as a wizard, when you bring the screen back they are fine.  Kind of annoying, especially since I was wanting to use some button text as a led that was a two state led.

Regards,
Scott

Offline zealous

•  489 489
  • HI!
    • View Profile
    • Artsoft Solutions
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 11:21:50 PM »
I agree, that this is a problem  >:(  at times I'm not sure it the button is correct or not, I'll do the same thing to refresh it's state by going to another page an than returning.

The good thing is we'er almost done with the Flash screens and the LED buttons work great. Important thing is the LED buttons can not reflect anything other than there true state, and you can have an infinite amount of states for one LED button  :P
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 11:28:02 PM by zealous »

ynneb

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 12:02:21 AM »
Sounding good Jason.

Offline Scott

•  139 139
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 09:45:21 AM »
Thanks,

I just opted to go with a small dot LED on the part of the button that doesn't "press".  ;)  If you have a flashing state LED on the button, it seems to work ok then.

When the flash screens are done, will we be able to customize them easily with an editor of sorts (similar to now)?

Regards,
Scott

Offline Scott

•  139 139
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2007, 11:35:07 PM »
It seems that the "Load" button is the worst offender.  It doesn't get the time to refresh or something before the file dialog box opens up, leaving it in a distorted state.

Is there a way to put a short delay in the launching of the file window?  I tried a macro to "DoOemButton" 216 and that made the button act right, but after a file is selected, the path generation dialog hangs and crashes.
Scott