Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:27:34 AM

Author Topic: Windows 7 -Mach 3 freeze  (Read 11018 times)

Windows 7 -Mach 3 freeze
« on: October 30, 2012, 04:07:36 PM »
Hello,
I continue to have Mach 3 lockup on my Novakon NM200.  The onboard PC is running windows 7. Per Novakon I downloaded the latest Windows updates and installed the service packs.  This did not resolve the problem.  Mach 3 locks up or freezes mid program or when machine finishes program and returns to X0Y0Z0 (virtual home position - not limit switch related).  I also installed the latest version of Mach 3 which did not resolve the issue either.  There are no error messages in the status lines when the fault occurs.  Once lock up occurs even the Mach3 E stop doesn't work (not that machine is moving anyway).  Jog pendant doesn't work when locked up.  Closing Mach3 and restarting it resolves the problem  "Driver reintialized" message is displayed on status line after Mach restarted.  What driver is being initialized?   

Any suggestions, thanks,
Bob
Re: Windows 7 -Mach 3 freeze
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 04:03:43 AM »
I had a random freezing problem that was sending me nuts I noticed that it seemed to happen using the mouse .
So I removed the usb mouse then I removed windows mouse & keyboard center
Then I used a PS2 mouse.

This fixed my problem.
hope it helps

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 08:31:54 AM »
Next time is locks, open control panel/device manager and see if the parallel port is still shown. I had a lock up problem and it turned out to be the parallel port would just disappear from windows. Found a better driver and it hasn't happened since.
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 04:09:21 AM »
Hi,
the CAM program I use throws in a line or two of code which locks my machine up. Your problem may
be similar. In particular the CAM post puts a G91 with a G28 when it is looking for a safe place for me to
change tools and again just before it exits a part program, ie looking for a safe place to park.
Have a look at the code either at the line or several lines preceeding the point where it locks up.
I haven't worked out yet why it happens or what the post thinks its trying to do. I just scan thru the
code at each tool change and at the end of the program and 'comment out' the offending lines before
running it. One thing I have noticed is that if you simulate the program run as I often do then the
danger points become clear as they lock up in simulate mode as well.
Hope that helps.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'