Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:17:30 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 Solidcam 4th Axis Post Processor  (Read 8185 times)

Mach3 Solidcam 4th Axis Post Processor
« on: October 26, 2012, 03:41:33 PM »
I am very new to all of this but really enjoying using my 3 axis mill.  I keep running into problems that could be solved if I owned a 4th axis.  I am considering building one but need to know that I can program is successfully before I do so.  I use Solid works and solid cam but have yet been unsuccessfull in locating a 4th axis post processor.  Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 Solidcam 4th Axis Post Processor
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 05:15:01 PM »
It is going to depend on what which solidCAM package you have and HOW you plan to do the 4th. Indexial or continous 3d or ????.

You package may not even support 4th axis work .

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 07:35:42 PM »
I am very new to all of this but really enjoying using my 3 axis mill.  I keep running into problems that could be solved if I owned a 4th axis.  I am considering building one but need to know that I can program is successfully before I do so.  I use Solid works and solid cam but have yet been unsuccessfull in locating a 4th axis post processor.  Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Actually Solidcam support will help you find the proper post processor for Mach 3. Just contact the people you purchased it from as that is part of their job  ;)

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 01:50:35 AM »
Hello Guys,

Please keep us informed regarding the post processor of solidcam (3 and 4 axis).

I'm looking for this Post processor also.

Thanks you very much.