Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:50:09 AM

Author Topic: Variable values from Galil to Mach3  (Read 4571 times)

Offline JmD

•  2 2
    • View Profile
Variable values from Galil to Mach3
« on: October 16, 2012, 07:54:15 PM »
Is it possible to read information from a Galil variable and place the result in a Mach3 macro variable (or some other place in Mach3)?
I've tried things like NotifyPlugins(3000) where Msg ID 3000 contains "MG _RLX" or just "RLX" or "DRO800=_RLX" (for which I found a suggestion in this forum - but that results - obviously - in an error from the Galil and DRO 800 just gets 0.0000).

///JmD

PS!
"RLX" is a command that reads the captured position of the X-axis on the Galil using the AL (Arm Latch) function. Obviously this is just one example of what kind of values I would like to get from Galil to Mach3, ie values that are not already taken care of by the Galil plugin, like positions etc.

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
Re: Variable values from Galil to Mach3
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 10:34:29 PM »
The notify commands are meant to pass values from Mach to the Galil, not vice verse.  Unfortunately, there is no real interface to do what you want.  :(

We do report the latched positions when in a probe move.  So the plugin is taking care of that case.

Offline JmD

•  2 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 02:30:32 AM »
smurph - thank you for the reply - seems this question was either very uninteresting or wery hard since it was two months since I asked it. So I do appreciate your answer.

This seems to be a bit of an oversight - not beeing able to read variable values from Galil in to Mach3. There are certainly more than one situation where you would benefit from running a program "natively" on the Galil and then reporting some result back to Mach3. If there is anyone out there knowing of some hack that can accomplish this I would be more than greatful to know about it.

Meanwhile I wish you all a Merry Christmas and I guess eventually a Happy New Year as well.

Keep 'em chips flyin', folks!

///JmD
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 06:08:03 AM »
I have problem with my ethernet galli can any one tell me how i can set the input and output port