Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:31:54 AM

Author Topic: Home built CNC Router.  (Read 4232 times)

Home built CNC Router.
« on: October 16, 2012, 07:17:51 PM »
Have constructed custom design CNC router using Baltic burch 3/4 plywood with aluminum and hardened steel rails.

Trying to run Mach3 and am having difficulty in getting the motors to run.  Can anyone let me know of a person or company in the Central Texas area that is using Mach3 in their shop that I could contact and get some one on one info on set up and runining programs????

Have tried to  load some photos of CNC router machine but can not get them into this message.... Sorry.

Best regards,
Marc
Re: Home built CNC Router.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 08:46:32 PM »
Photos of Home built CNC Router
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 08:43:26 PM »
Have constructed custom design CNC router using Baltic burch 3/4 plywood with aluminum and hardened steel rails.

Trying to run Mach3 and am having difficulty in getting the motors to run.  Can anyone let me know of a person or company in the Central Texas area that is using Mach3 in their shop that I could contact and get some one on one info on set up and runining programs????

Have tried to  load some photos of CNC router machine but can not get them into this message.... Sorry.

Best regards,
Marc
Don't know of a Texas user, but there if you are running Mach3, there is much you can learn by simply watching the support videos. And if you can provide some of the specific info about your machine - the electronics used, stepper motors, etc. it will provide a starting point where others can chime in to help you get things set up and running.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 03:47:27 AM »
Excellent work on building your machine Marc, that is certainly a machine to be proud of.

Just one suggestion - you may need to replace your limit switch wiring with shielded cable (with the shield connected to GND at the controller end). It does not happen in all instances but 'input' wiring often picks up 'electrical noise' which can cause 'false steps' and lead to inaccuracies in the machine position.

Tweakie.
PEACE