Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:36:51 AM

Author Topic: Beginner Questions  (Read 2622 times)

Beginner Questions
« on: October 13, 2012, 11:17:59 AM »
The Welding company I work for has recently purchased Mach3 for a Plasma table.  We also have the bladerunner program running with it.  I have installed all of it onto a desktop we will be using with the table.  My first question is, is there a help guide for the engine configuration?  It did come preset, however, I'm unsure if these will be the settings we need.  Also, while I was running a g-code to test the output, it wouldn't start the program.  A red light kept flashing, and when I hit reset it continued to blink and wouldn't run the code.  I'm unsure if this is because I didn't have it hooked up to the table, but the manuals examples said I wouldn't need to be hooked up to test it.  Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
Re: Beginner Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 11:26:47 AM »
Did you download the PDF manual? It will answer all (or most) your setup questions.

Regarding the Reset, Mach3 checks if the Estop input signal is active and if it is it wouldn't reset. So unless you have an actual Estop input just set in Ports and Pins the Estop to Active low.

Da

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 11:30:23 AM »
IF you are using the complete Cancnc setup then it is configured for that setup.  The reason you cannot use it offline IS it is looking for the Estop switch to be active. Since you do not have it hooked to the machine it cannot see it.

Temporarily go to Gen Config  / pins and ports  and change the Estop input from active high to active low.  THEN Mach3 will allow you beyond the flashing red light(;-).

Once you install the machine then you WILL have to change it back.

The CandCNC stuff has very well detailed manuals for EVERYTHING they sell I suggest you download them .

Just a thought, (;-) TP
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 11:32:24 AM by BR549 »
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 10:34:12 AM »
I have a few of the manuals downloaded, but honestly most of this is over my head.  I'm just the secretary for the welding company I work for and I'm trying to get it all set up and ready for when they use it.  Thank you for your help and inputs ^_^