Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:11:39 AM

Author Topic: Homing and limit issue.  (Read 3214 times)

Homing and limit issue.
« on: October 12, 2012, 08:31:10 PM »
Hello,

I am new to Mach 3. I have been evaluating it as I build a CNC machine. I am now to the stage where I am installing the limit switches. The machines x,y, and z axises function.

I placed the limit switches (currently only X and Y) in series on port 11. When I hit the ref X button (or Ref Y) button the axis move to zero but does not back off and the error message says that the limit switch has been activated. The only way I can get the machine to move is to reconfigure the inputs to not have limits.  When I only had an x limit it was working as expected, but when I added the y it started behaving this way.  Even the Auto limits and manual limits override does not allow me to jog until I reconfigure the inputs to not include limits.

Can someone examine my config and give me a clue to what I have done wrong.  I have read lots of topics on the forum and checked to make sure it is set up as I think it should be. 

Rodney

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Homing and limit issue.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 08:40:10 PM »
I haven't looked at you xml but it sounds like you y axis switch may be a little flakey or be picking up noise.  Does it help to set the debounce in general config to 2000, just to test with?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 08:42:28 PM »
I will run down and test that now. 
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 08:47:34 PM »
Thank you very much, That appears to resolve the issue.  Now back to hooking up switches.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 10:36:21 PM »
Well, it is a step in the right direction  :).  I would lower the debounce value until it stoped working then bump it up until it works right again at the very least.  Best solution would be to have a bounce free switch or noise free circuit so debounce wouldn't be needed at all.  There are some trade offs for running a high debounce value.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 10:41:03 PM »
Will do. Thank you.