Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:27:39 PM

Author Topic: Any new WIZARD ideas to work on ???  (Read 33970 times)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Any new WIZARD ideas to work on ???
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2012, 05:21:28 PM »
Just a note when cutting on a lathe you normally turn into the spindle not away from it. SO with your approach it would be backwards ??

Backlash is normally not a problem in turn as you normally only cut in one direction, into the spindle.

(;-) TP
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2012, 11:42:02 AM »
How about drilling one hole which has two different angles through a plate?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 11:44:14 AM by Holdren »
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2013, 09:36:20 AM »
Hallo I pleased you to help me!!
I have 3 cad programs and I want to write a wizard that does something like this:

1.   Open NC file ( mastercam, solid cam or jet cam )
2.   Read each line
3.   Compare it with an array of signs for example: @740, M03, M05,
         If @740 ->delete line       M03->delete line     
If G0 50 writes line G0 50 m3…………
5.   If nothing like: @740, M03, M05,                                                                                                   
Read line and write line into a new created file named by user defined.

Safe it and call it into Mach 3
I need it to convert a mill file to a plasma cut file

Hope you can help me
Thank you Bichler

Offline asw

•  4 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2013, 10:38:04 AM »
Getting board waiting on parts (;-)

(;-) TP
Hi. I have made a smart little touch probe for defining tool height. It works nice with a resolution of 0.02 mm. How can i use it to set the tool position to Z=20? I think that when moving down (slowly) it can register the position and set Z axis DRO to 20.
Is it a good idea for a wizard or a plugin?
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2013, 04:45:41 PM »
A nice turning wizard would control the tool to cut a multi-lobed cam-like cutter that could be turned into a form-relieved gear milling tool.  The tooth form would be made using a circular button (or two), and the X axis moved in and out as the work rotates to make the form-relieving.  Would be a CNC version of a methid that has been described by several model engineering authors.

asw, see Tweakie's posting at http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,23603.0.html!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 04:48:04 PM by JohnHaine »
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2013, 10:39:26 AM »
OK How about a wizard where you connect a encoder scale to your axis and it automatically calibrates step per in a couple of locations and takes the average of that.  Then does the same for backlash and finally when all is close to perfect in that respect makes a screw map.  That would be an incredible wizard.  Does that already exist? 
    JOhn

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2013, 11:10:26 AM »
John you do not set up your machine by taken an average of steps. You calculate the steps from the parameters of the axis drive.

Steps per rev of motor
Microsteps
Gearing
Screw pitch

OR servo

Encoder count X4
Gearing
Screw pitch

Then IF servo you tune the servo PID to make it accurate then set the error range to a setting where you are comfortable with the amount of possible error. A Servo driven machine is ONLY as accurate as its tuning of the drives.

Then you set the Vel/ Accel that the motor can run and give no errors. Stepper only have a range of RPM(torque band) that they can run in without loss of steps IF you get out of the range (High RPM) you do not have enough torque to maintain position while cutting.

Just a thought, (;-) TP
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 11:12:41 AM by BR549 »
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2013, 04:26:41 PM »
OK, for starters theoretically 512 PPRX 4 X2:1 ratio pulleys X .200 lead ballscrew= 20480 steps per inch.  In reality when I used teh mach 3 calibrate function this was off by about +/-20 steps.  maybe the pulleys aren't exactly 2:1 or teh belts are off or who knows what.  Now we have screw mapping.  Why is that?  I suspect because at different areas of teh screw you have different values?  so if you calibrate at one spot, it will not be good teh whole length of teh screw.  The best you can do is take an average value of the inaccuracies throughout the screw.  Think about this, you command a move, mach makes it and then asks you for the correct value you enter it and it gives you an exact steps per value.  That value is only good for that spot because you have to take in consideration of an imperfect screw ( nothing physical in life is perfect) that you don't know how much error it has.  Then we can screw map.  I'll get done roughng my parts and I will start to play with my PID loops again. 

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2013, 05:01:30 PM »
Set the machine for the CORRECT calculated steps there is NO way around that part. The error you saw after that was probably servo error due to poor tuning.

Servos HAVE to be properly tuned  or else you suffer servo following error.  You may want to find a CNC repair service in your area and have him tune the servos. It has to be done ON the machine and you  should have a small load on the table when tuning. Once it is tuned correctly write down the PID numbers for reference.

I believe that screw mapping is the least of your problems at this point.

Just a thought, (;-) TP
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2013, 12:56:11 AM »
Hi,
Is there any way to develop wizard for relief turning?
Pl see the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcOfChvoj40
thanks