Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:27:14 PM

Author Topic: Stepper Homing Issue  (Read 6344 times)

Offline eskay

•  13 13
    • View Profile
Re: Stepper Homing Issue
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2012, 09:22:18 AM »
Gentlemen,  I've adjusted the SS filter(s) down to 1.43, confirmed wiring OK and switched axis' to track problem and....... I've still got the problem!

It seems to me the problem is upstairs in Mach3.   Once again if I press X+ repeatedly the motor will change direction in a random manner. ???

Upon Homing, Z/Y perform flawlessly and when X ho,ming begins the motor just sits and growls, like its getting X+ and X- instructions at the same time.

Scott

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2012, 01:08:13 PM »
Ok not sure what gets swapped out when you change the plugs on the G540 but can you try swapping pins in Mach and see. Say for example you change the pins around for X and Y, see if the Y now loses the plot or if its still the X that has the issues.
Hood

Offline eskay

•  13 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2012, 04:59:53 PM »
Brilliant I'll try it tomorrow AM!

Offline eskay

•  13 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2012, 08:38:29 AM »
Well,  reversed the Motor Output pins from X(2,3) and Y(4,5) to X(4,5) and Y(2,3).     Manual actuation changed on the keyboard - previous X arrows and Y arrows swapped functionality but random direction changes remain on the X stepper (albeit somewhat less frequent which doesn't make sense to me).

I guess I'll re-inspect all wiring points and await another idea...

Cheers

Offline eskay

•  13 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2012, 10:19:48 AM »
Gentlemen,  I'm going to blame my teenage Son with whom I entrusted soldering and heat shrink tube installation......I found my problem!!!

Thank you very much for your responses and help!!

Lastly, can you point a Newb to a thread where I can learn how to get her milling?

Cheers to all,  Scott

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2012, 05:54:28 PM »
Ha ha thats right blame the young lad, well after all thats what they are for, kind of like in the house when there is a smell, the dog gets the blame  ;D
Good you got it sorted :)
Hood

Offline eskay

•  13 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2012, 10:22:39 PM »
Yep,  Under the Bus with the Boy!   At least you're the only one on Earth that knows!!!  Don't tell his mother  I said that though... I'll deny everything!!!

Cheers and Thanks Again for your consideration of my problem!

Scotty