Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:31:01 AM

Author Topic: Camcutcnc Problems  (Read 5170 times)

Camcutcnc Problems
« on: October 10, 2012, 06:20:07 PM »
I bought a CNC plasma kit from camcutcnc.  I cannot seem to figure out how to get the software to run the machine.  I downloaded everything but it still will not work.  I went back and downloaded Mach 3 and Sheetcam and I still can't figure out what to do to make it work.  Is there any kind of settings that needs to be turned on or off to make it work or does anyone know step by step what I need to do to get this machine going?  Has anyone ever used a camcut cnc kit before?  PLEASE HELP!!!! URGENT!!!

Thanks,
Brian

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Camcutcnc Problems
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 05:54:33 AM »
Hi Brian,

There seem to be quite a few people in your situation, probably due to very limited support from CamCut.

Do you have any documentation, such as a CamCut manual, which details the parallel port pin settings etc. etc. ??

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 07:49:34 AM »
My wife actually figured out the port pin settings.  We have had a time because we do not have a manuel that helps go through step by step.  She figured out how to get the picture (DXF) into the Sheetcam software that we downloaded but we are trying to figure out how to get it from there to mach 3.  I do not have an automatic torch height control just a manuel one because I was told that I didn't need the automatic but someone else I spoke with told me that it would be better to have the Automatic so that is something I will get later.  I am trying to set up the sheetcam program now but there has been no support from Camcut.  We have emailed and left voicemail.  I need a step by step manuel for this thing to set it up.  I have run a plasma before many times but I didn't have to set up the software to make it run. 

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 08:06:04 AM »
Hi Brian,

Sorry I can't be of more assistance but it sounds like your wife is going to be the CamCut expert.  ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 08:18:16 AM »
Hey Brian and Wife,
  Do you have the manual for SheetCam downloaded from their site ?
It explains how to post process the cut strategy and post the info directly to Mach3.
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 10:26:04 AM »
I will get it downloaded.  Thanks!