Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 12:10:18 AM

Author Topic: Lathe roughing  (Read 5445 times)

Offline DAlgie

•  314 314
    • View Profile
    • Algie Composite Aircraft
Lathe roughing
« on: January 20, 2007, 09:47:03 PM »
I know that the turn wizards are Brian's baby from awhile ago, and they are very nice, I use them a lot. I've talked about this before, but really the one thing missing is a turn wizard that will rough to a non standard profile, that is a profile that isn't comprised of simple radius and chamfer toolpaths. The toolpath would be ideally calculated from a DXF profile, but it could also be generated from a G code text profile if that would make it easier to write. Those with a CNC turning background will recognise this as a G71 canned cycle, which is a non-reentrant cycle. Also of use is a pattern repeat cycle, this moves the profile in the X or Z axis, good for a reentrant type roughing profile. I'll gladly pay for this to be written, within a reasonable amount of course, and might hope that there are others on here that would like to share in costs as well. Any takers?
Re: Lathe roughing
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 08:15:25 AM »
We are looking to add lathe to Lcam (Art and I both could use it)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline DAlgie

•  314 314
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 10:07:11 PM »
Thanks Brian, let us know when it is ready for testing and I'll do what I can.
Dave.
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 06:20:52 PM »
i agree a roughing profile is really missing.  this should be part of the actual MACH3 install package and not an LCAM based setup.  ideally you want a single line G code that can rough a non standard profile, not a 1000 lines of code spit out of LCAM.

Offline DAlgie

•  314 314
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 01:04:04 AM »
13 month bump.
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 09:24:16 AM »
Lazy Turn is a project that Art has been playing with :)  I think there is a thread telling about it ..
Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com