Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:35:51 AM

Author Topic: Cutting Ht.  (Read 3838 times)

Cutting Ht.
« on: September 17, 2012, 06:01:08 PM »
I am using BobCad V24 for my programming software. 

I do not see a spot to set the cutting HT. for Plasma.  Is there a field I am not seeing or should I adjust my Volts?
Only one way to Get-er-Done......Do-er-Right!

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Cutting Ht.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 06:38:54 PM »
Cutting height would normally be in the tool section along with feed rates. Can't say for sure as I don't use Bobcad I use SheetCam and it is tops for Plasma work.

(;-) TP
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 07:13:45 PM »
Hood told me your name and to discuss my plasma questions with you.  Nice to know I already was.

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 07:18:35 PM »
BR549....Could you also look at my other post? It is about 4 down from this one asking about a Pierce and no axis move.

Thanks.
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 09:22:35 PM »
BobCAD is not the best program to use for plasma.  You should be setting your initial cut height after piercing, but after that the THC takes over.  Since BobCAD is not really designed for plasma, it doesn't have a lot of the capabilities specific to plasma.  You can get around that by building that functionality into macros, then just post the macros.  SheetCAM has most of that built right in and is WAY easier to use than BobCAD.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 10:54:55 PM »
OK I see that ProCut left you stranded and with no help. SHAME on them.

So lets review, You have a thc by Texas Micro.   Model # ?.

Are you using the Plugin and screenset  that comes with the THC unit? IF not what screen set are you using.

And you have an A40 plasma unit.

Correct? (;-) TP

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 09:42:32 AM »
Hey guys, I have 2 of you involved...Thanks to both.  I will answer both of your responses and hopefully we can get this going.

The THC is a 301 with a single knob control. Pardon me for not knowing what you mean by plugin and screenset.  The only screens I have been working with are BobCad and Mach 3. I am using a Thermal Dynamics A40 and cutting at 40amp.  Randy from Texas Micro does not know BobCad so the setting up the tool, he does not know.

BobCad is writing a new post for me.  I have been talking with their techs and the code writer.  Not sure what changes are going to be made.

Randy also uses SheetCam.  He thought ProCut would have sent me that software but Rob at ProCut says I do not need it, I have BobCad.  ???

Again pardon my ignorance but I do not know what you are talking about or how to build the functionality into macros.  As an old photographer, macros is close up focusing.

Between you guys and a guy named Jonathan from Plasma Craft I am picking up things fast.  Jonathat has told me to ground the plasma chassis and the table.

To my knowledge the only way I have ti adjust the torch ht. is by setting the pierce ht. in BobCad.  When I get the pierce and no fire, if I change my volts +/- will this assist the position to pick up the gasses signal?

Talking to Jonathan last night I told him that I have slowed the ipm. by 20. He asked if I ramped up the volts to compensate. I had not, could this be the source of my problem?  I changed the feed to lower the dross.  Do you two have any thought on this?

Well enough from me, I am anxious to hear from you two......Thanks for taking me under your wing. ???

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 11:06:27 AM »
ok first thing is you need to pick one person to help you at a time. Chances are good that working with more than one person at a time  will frustrate you and the helper.

The helper needs to understand that you are ONLY doing things that he told you to try not 10 OTHER things someone else suggested as well.

(;-) TP
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 09:49:02 PM »
Any chance you can get Jonathan to pay you a visit.  Some hands on training would do you a world of good.