Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:02:08 AM

Author Topic: Z raising in the middle of a cut.  (Read 2464 times)

Z raising in the middle of a cut.
« on: September 16, 2012, 12:12:11 PM »
Something new every day. I am so new that I do now how to trouble shoot a lot of things.

Yesterday I was getting a pierce and no axis move....This post if a few down below this one.

Today, I was making a cut and 1/2 way through it the torch went out, raised to the rapid ht., finished the axis moves and went to the next pierce. At that point it finished the design.

I tried to back up and restart and it would only carry the torch high continue the axis moves to the next spot.

Does anybody have the answer to this? I would like to have restarted the design instead or ruining another hunk of steel.

Are there any trouble shooting guides out there that might cover these things that pop up? These things happen,  I do not know why or what to do about it  and frustrating the hell out of me.
Only one way to Get-er-Done......Do-er-Right!

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
Z raising in the middle of a cut.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 08:58:15 PM »
I don't run a torch but I can tell you it is frustrating on a regular basis for me. Do you see the moves in the code? Do you know how to analyze the code enough to tell where the program went South?
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Z raising in the middle of a cut.
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 09:12:16 PM »
MOre than likely the machine lost arc and it was setup to goto safe z on arc loss., Normally you would also trigger a stop on loss of arc but that may not be set up correctly.

A lot depends on what system the machine is using and HOW it was setup. Plasma cutting is a simple looking process but is acutally very complex to maintain operations.

WHo made the machine?  what sytem is controlling the Machine? Is it a CandCNC setup or other?

(;-) TP

Re: Z raising in the middle of a cut.
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 11:49:10 PM »
Raising up in the middle of a cut is probably a tip voltage issue.  Are you using the voltage divider in the A40 or are you bringing raw tip voltage into the Texas Micro board?  Have you asked the people you bought the machine from?  They should off some sort of support.