Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:59:44 PM

Author Topic: Abnormal Condition LED  (Read 3266 times)

Offline Sweep

•  150 150
    • View Profile
    • pollz.co.uk
Abnormal Condition LED
« on: September 15, 2012, 02:48:57 AM »
I have tried searching for information on the Abnormal Condition LED  within the forum but can only find two posts, one of which is mine, and ther is nothing in the index of the Mach3 manual. I can see from using Screen4 that  Abnormal Condition LED is triggered by OEM condition 166 but where in Mach3 is/are these codes embedded? I ask this as i am getting the Abnormal Condition LED after adding to the code of the Reference All Home button. I'm not changing that code just adding SendSerial("D44") to initiate the datum procedure of my ATC.

...Sweep

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Abnormal Condition LED
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 04:16:13 AM »
The abnormal condition is a PITA as far as I am concerned as it makes people worry. All it is doing is Mach is seeing something that is different from normal so throws up a warning. It could be anything from different control mode to axis not referenced or whatever. Double click it, read what it says and if its ok just tell it to accept the new settings as normal. Even better delete it all together with a screen editor and you wont have to worry about it flashing away again ;)
Hood

Offline Sweep

•  150 150
    • View Profile
    • pollz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 02:02:01 PM »
Cheers Hood,
I suppose now that I'm playing with the screen script it will be upsetting things a bit.
At least knowing I can disregard it gives me something less to worry about.

...Sweep

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 02:14:41 PM »
Another way to look at it is the Abnormal should NOT be triggering unless something inside of mach3 is changed from normal. WHAT was it that changed is the $100 question AND why did it change.

(;-) TP

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 03:18:17 PM »
Keep in mind that "normal" can be a moving target, depending on how you work.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html