Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:56:28 AM

Author Topic: How can I easily record all of the settings in Mach3 setup windows?  (Read 2671 times)

I want to make sure I can re-install Mach3 and get it working again if my computer dies and I have to get Mach3 set up on a new one.

How can I make sure I have all the settings recorded? Are all of the hundreds of settings in Mach3 in the xml file? Can I just reinstall Mach3 on the new computer and copy the xml file over to it? Do I need to do a screen capture of each of the many Mach3 setting windows?

Thanks!
Chris

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: How can I easily record all of the settings in Mach3 setup windows?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 03:02:28 PM »
Almost all is in your xml but a few things like tool tables and work offsets are not. These are saved in files called tools3.dat and fixtures.dat respectively and are located in the macro folder then in the folder of your profile.
Other things like Brains or Plugins or macros may need to be saved if you have any and they are in their respective folders. Custom screensets and associated bitmaps are also worth saving if you have them and lastly your licence files if you have them. The Mach licence is called mach1;ic.dat and the newfangled wizards one is wizlic.dat and both are in the main Mach3 folder.
Hood
Re: How can I easily record all of the settings in Mach3 setup windows?
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 06:37:28 PM »
Almost all is in your xml but a few things like tool tables and work offsets are not. These are saved in files called tools3.dat and fixtures.dat respectively and are located in the macro folder then in the folder of your profile.
Other things like Brains or Plugins or macros may need to be saved if you have any and they are in their respective folders. Custom screensets and associated bitmaps are also worth saving if you have them and lastly your licence files if you have them. The Mach licence is called mach1;ic.dat and the newfangled wizards one is wizlic.dat and both are in the main Mach3 folder.
Hood

I don't have any tables, plugins, brains, screenshots, or wizards or anything special that didn't come with Mach 3. So it looks like the xml file has it all.

Thanks,
Chris