Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:56:27 AM

Author Topic: Spindle speed DRO goes from max to min, nowhere between  (Read 3701 times)

Offline Zaae

•  120 120
    • View Profile
Spindle speed DRO goes from max to min, nowhere between
« on: September 11, 2012, 10:16:16 PM »
I purchased and installed a SuperPID, and it seems to be doing its job well, but something is up with settings in Mach3.

I've never had control of my spindle from within Mach3 before, but I really can't seem to figure out where I'm going wrong. I downloaded the most recent copy, and have the same problems.

If I load a program with a tool at say, 8000 rpm, and run it, everything is fine. If I push the button to increase the spindle speed, it goes to max 33700, or 300, which is what my pulley settings are. I've gone to general config, and changed the Spindle OV Increment setting down to 300. If I run a program, and while it's faux cutting, the "S" DRO in the spindle speed box is set to 8000 for some reason. That seems to be the root of the problem, it seemed to me that whatever is in that box is what the buttons count by. Somehow it seems to have the requested speed in there instead of the step increment.

Thank you!

======= Below this line is not as important as above ========= :)
The new version of Mach3, when I set it to full screen, the whole program doesn't fill the screen, only the window itself does. I have Auto Screen Enlarge enabled, as before.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 10:26:16 PM by Zaaephod »

Offline Zaae

•  120 120
    • View Profile
Re: Spindle speed DRO goes from max to min, nowhere between
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 10:37:14 PM »
Just to clarify, I just tested this again. It seems that whatever is in the "S" DRO on the MDI page seems to act as a multiplier to the spindle speed override. If I set that DRO to 50, and push up or down, the spindle speed changes in 50 rpm increments. I've never changed or even used these buttons, I wonder what's going on?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 02:57:44 AM »
Please attach your xml and I will have a look to see how your config is set up.
Just to clarify, if you command a spindle speed it does work correctly and its just the override that is the issue?
Hood

Offline Zaae

•  120 120
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 08:35:03 AM »
Just to clarify, if you command a spindle speed it does work correctly and its just the override that is the issue?
Hood

Not exactly. I have had instances where I have all the settings the way I want, but when I push run, the number in the "S" DRO jumps back to 8000 (or whatever speed I had requested), and the speed override slider goes to max. This is not always the case though. I have checked the Gcode, and the spindle speed request is what I want.

Thanks!

Offline Zaae

•  120 120
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 10:11:40 AM »
I think I just figured out what the deal is. This is what I get for staying so late at the shop. The Spindle OV increment value in the general config is added to the PERCENTAGE of the requested override, not to the literal RPM value. I was expecting that number to add to the actual requested RPM.

I also solved my screen size problem. Sometimes just a fresh cup of coffee makes everything much clearer.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 10:41:09 AM »
Good to hear you got it sorted :)
Hood