Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:55:41 AM

Author Topic: Something gone wrong and I need help  (Read 3281 times)

Something gone wrong and I need help
« on: September 11, 2012, 07:54:04 AM »
Hi,
I have been machining name tags from laminate, been doing them OK for days then suddenly today mach began joining the letters in random places. I have checked the model in cam bam and the toolpaths and they are fine. but load it into mach and there are spurious lines all over the place joining letters and destroying the work.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Al.

Re: Something gone wrong and I need help
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 08:13:26 AM »
Are the spurious lines actually the rapids between the machined segments ?
Is the Z not raising for these connecting rapid lines ?
You may be loosing steps in the Z.  ? ? ?
Is it all lubed up and moving freely ? Try fast manual jogs, including multiple axis simultaneously to verify.
Are any of the components getting hot ?
Might post a pic or 2, also one of the goofy .tap files.
Russ
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 08:25:26 AM »
Hi, No, its actually trying to create these lines. Nothing wrong with z. I re-ran one of the scrapped parts. There is certainly a machined line between the points.

I deleted the whole file and created it again and i'm running fine again. I really have no idea what was causing that.

Also, if the Z was having problems it would not be correct at all other points, its engraving hundreds of letters and attempting to join one in 10 or so.

Bizzare, I doubt I will ever know what caused that. It must have been in the code so can't be down to Mach but how in the hell it got there I do not know.

Cheers

Al.

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 08:32:12 AM »
Glad it's suddenly better.
Mach only does what it it told, it will not insert extra lines of code so I would guess it is being introduced by your code generation.

Good luck Al,
Russ
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 08:38:52 AM »
Glad it's suddenly better.
Mach only does what it it told, it will not insert extra lines of code so I would guess it is being introduced by your code generation.

Good luck Al,
Russ

Thanks Russ, dead right. It cant put the lines there itself. What I should have asked is could anyone guess how they might come to be there. I used cam bam to generate the code as I have done 100 times before without incident.

I will put it down to one of those things.

Thanks Buddy

Al.
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 10:01:24 AM »
Hi Al

Nice to se you on here.

I have had similar problems with my set up. With mine Mach3 was missing out whole sections of code.

I think Hood looked at my xml file and he saw some strange things and advised me to create a new xml file. This was a couple of years ago and it is still on my to to list.

Brian