Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 05:17:54 AM

Author Topic: Spindle power problem  (Read 3845 times)

Spindle power problem
« on: September 10, 2012, 04:47:48 PM »
Last Friday, right before beer:30, Mach 3 crashed on me. It's happened before, although rarely. The error message said something about the USB port or connection... I don't remember. Last time that happened, it was a loose USB cable, so I wasn't too worried about it. I reseated the cable, then attempted to run the job again, but the spindle didn't power on. I turned everything off and gave up on it for the weekend.

Come Monday morning, the spindle still won't power up. The relay in my controller, a Soigeneris STDR-4C, activates, but still no power to the spindle. My electrician friend came by and checked the 3-Phase out, and it's good to the spindle power supply/speed controller.

Any ideas for me? I need to get this thing back up and running.

Pre-thanks!

Chris
Re: Spindle power problem
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 03:10:58 PM »
Got my spindle back to spinning. I replaced my xml file with a week old back-up, and I reseated all of the cables. The spindle power supply/speed controller cable was loose. So I bet it was that.  :roll:  I secured it with cable ties, so I hope that holds.

I'm still getting an error that stops the machine in mid job. Below is an image of the error message. Could it be a bad USB card on my mother board... bad video card... some other problem with the computer (Windows XP) running Mach 3?

Sorry about the too-large image. I don't know how to constrain the size.
Thanks for all the help!
Chris