Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:20:35 AM

Author Topic: Help I need to get setup!!  (Read 12984 times)

Re: Help I need to get setup!!
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2012, 02:09:38 AM »
A simple DXF 2" - 8" square, is that such a tall order?
The thing doesn't have to make any sense either, just a stupid object!
 >:(
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2012, 02:28:42 AM »
1 You need a CAD program This will be for editting the drawing It should be able to handle scale and move of the drawing. I draw a rectangle for the stock and put a corner at X0,Y0. Price goes with bells and whistles. Simpler the easier to learn.

2. Practice, practice, practice. Learn your software.

3 Try baby steps. Small victories are better than totally lost and giving up.

4. The file will load to were your 0,0. If it is in the center,or at a corner the path is loaded there. Reseting the zeroes will move the path.

most helpful suggestion yet. No one else offers support like this so I commend you Hal.
Can you suggest a solution to the software, maybe something open source?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 02:32:04 AM by crob09 »

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2012, 06:52:04 AM »
It seems to me like this is just one big ploy for job security rather than helping people.
Hint all you want, but if you want people to pay for your stuff, show them why it's worth it.
Pissed off, I cant even find a simple file that works with the sample product, talk about sad.

We are not paid, yes there is job security because there is always someone that will appreciate the volunteer work
of folks on this site. Just because you are frustrated don't take it out on us with comments like above...that will not
achieve anything.

We are not hinting about anything, there is no magic, but rather a learning curve which only you can walk and learn.
CNC is not plug and play.

Try CamBam, there is a free version and it includes CAD. Watch the videos and read the manual for it.

RICH

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2012, 02:29:54 PM »
If your not hinting why does it take 10 posts to get anywhere? No kidding a leaning curve, hence why people come to a forum provided by "Mach3" as a service in hopes people will pay for the product, it's marketing. Maybe you don't get paid, I didn't target any one individual.
What is wrong with specifying a few steps, .eg: Step one (download), step two (open), step three (run), get the idea?
Or what is wrong with just fixing the drawing so a person can test a machine? It's great that things are explained but my problem still remains because people choose not to help when they can.
What is wrong with just helping and getting a person going?
Yes I am frustrated it can't be more evident, and don't think I am the only one! Hell we have 330,000,000 people in North America, I can't be the only one frustrated with this.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2012, 06:09:00 PM »
i am tying to draw a scorpion.tap file

Not sure what you mean. A tap file is file which contains the Gcode for use by a controller.
You don't draw in Mach, rather the controller/ Mach  uses the gcode file  to control the axis movements based
on the file.

how do I configure mach3
That is a loaded question but i will assume that you want run the tap file.
File>Open> select the file will load it into Mach. There is more to just running the file as you need to have
Mach configured properly both for your machine and also for the file and for that I suggest you have a read of the
Mach Manuals.

The file when loaded is offset,I don't understand, how do I make the machine x0 and y0 the same as the .tap file?

See reply#3. You need an understanding of how to setup a machine machine, so have a read of the Mach Manual.

I get that part, why doesn't the image load on center?
See reply #6 and also #9.

with that Jpeg can I use inkscape to convert it to DXF since it's a basic drawing

I provided you with a dxf file which locates the image at x & Y=0
I know nothing about Inscape, what it can or can't do. Why convert the image when I gave you a modified dxf?

can you help me with something that will work? Anything?

Actualy the file gcode works fine. See above comments. Foks provide you with information to address your
concerns and you ignore their advice. You can scale axis  in Mach and you will find specific info on it in
the Manuals.

I am just looking for something to test with to start.
just 2" square, I need an editor....... to use that is simple and inexpensive or free
8"Long 8"wide 1/8" thick or 8" long 8" wide 0" thick.

8X8X1 DEEP ATTACHED

Do you have any examples i can use?

You can use Notpad or Wordpad to edit the tap file.

can you help me make it work? Software suggestions?

is the DXF that you attached good to use?

Yes, it is a usable dxf file.

How do I use LazyCAM to center it?

In the LC manual on page 20 Shift Draw also can just click on the origin and drag it to a location.

I will be providing video soon on how easy it is to use mach3

Look forward to it and hopefully it will help others.

Look at the support! I managed to get one thing good then nothing but headache, no one helps.

Word to the Future Wise, people are looking for simple solutions not complicated ones, it's no wonder why Mach3
 has a free version and why most people choose EMC. It's because no one want to struggle to get something they paid for to work, they would rather learn for free or pay for something that already works.
Adjust your attitude as you are making an ask out of yourself.

A simple DXF 2" - 8" square, is that such a tall order?
Attached.

Can you suggest a solution to the software, maybe something open source?
What kind fo software? First there is CAD, then there is CAM , also specific use software, prices range from free to expensive.
See reply #22

why does it take 10 posts to get anywhere

Simple...you get information, don't listen, argue with the replies given, don't take any initiative to understand what you are asking,
 etc, etc just like other posts else where.

why people come to a forum provided by "Mach3" as a service in hopes people will pay for the product, it's marketing

This is a site with many knowledgable users willing to just help folks with just about anything. See what  I mean about attitude!

Or what is wrong with just fixing the drawing so a person can test a machine?

Wise person once said, teach one to fish and they will never hunger!

It's great that things are explained but my problem still remains because people choose not to help when they can.
I can't be the only one frustrated with this.

That is correct my friend, but you also must realize what is involved with CNC as it covers a lot of territory and frankly
you will find that the learning never ends. It is not plug and play.

; :)RICH

« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 07:03:08 PM by RICH »

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2012, 06:24:03 PM »
You might want to watch the "Homing, Limits and Offsets" tutorial video.
http://www.machsupport.com/videos/
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2012, 08:39:09 PM »
I personally think it is about time you gave EMC a whirl (;-) IF you think it is SO EASY. You have not seen complicated yet(;-) Mach3 is about as easy as it gets in the DIY CNC world .  IF you cannot handle the Mach3 learning curve maybe it is time for Golf or maybe fishing.

There IS a test program supplied WITH mach3 and has been there for years. The RoadRunner file.

Obvious you have NOT figured out yet that THIS SITE is an ALL volunteer site and is NOT manned by paid MACH3 workers. But just people that have taken the time to learn it the hard way and are willing to help those that are willing to help themselves.

(;-) TP
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2012, 11:33:39 AM »
I personally think it is about time you gave EMC a whirl (;-) IF you think it is SO EASY. You have not seen complicated yet(;-) Mach3 is about as easy as it gets in the DIY CNC world .  IF you cannot handle the Mach3 learning curve maybe it is time for Golf or maybe fishing.

There IS a test program supplied WITH mach3 and has been there for years. The RoadRunner file.

Obvious you have NOT figured out yet that THIS SITE is an ALL volunteer site and is NOT manned by paid MACH3 workers. But just people that have taken the time to learn it the hard way and are willing to help those that are willing to help themselves.

(;-) TP

Thanks to everyone, I will work on getting things setup and report back with my results.
BR549, I have EMC installed on one of my machines, when did I say it was easy?
Don't put words in my mouth, and yes I am new to this as I stated before so I have never heard of "RoadRunner", that's a strange approach to lending a guiding hand, and if you don't want to volunteer or help then don't, again I didn't target any one individual. The is a Forum provided by Mach3, the Forum exists like the mach3 website as a marketing tool, if you don't see that your dense, and yes in this instance I am targeting you.
I hope you don't take things so personally in everyday life, if your golfing or fishing and someone gets frustrated with the ball or the fish you don't loose it on the person do you?

andrewm

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2012, 12:19:55 PM »
Hi crob09,
If you need direct help with something not specified in the Tutorial Videos and Manuals we provide on the website(Directly Under the SUPPORT tab) that we RECOMMEND all NEW users read before attempting to run mach3 please email me directly at andrewm@machsupport.com.

Regardless of how YOU view the forums, these kind fellows are all users who go out of there way to help new users get things sorted out, if you continue to be rude to them not only will they not help you but you may also be removed from the forums.

Thanks
FYI: I am a paid employee of Artsoft.

EDIT: In the fore-mentioned video "Installation and Basic Configuration" we provide...at 22:22 video time, he specifically points out the Gcode folder with test files in it. Also, if you go to the share your Gcode section you will see a sticky topic I made(called Demo Gcode) with more files under 500 lines of code you can use for testing.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 12:50:10 PM by AndrewM »
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2012, 04:12:39 PM »
How am I being rude?
Again I am not singling people out, so what's the problem. I only stated that this Forum is in place for marketing reasons, is that incorrect or a bad thing to say?
How have I insulted anyone?
I noted that I am frustrated and that I am new to this, I did not state that I am frustrated with any one individual and I have thanked people for helping.